Requisition ID: MAR007179
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Come join a cross-functional team that is focused on advancing social capabilities across our business. The Social Media Community Manager is a creative and motivated individual who will assist content development, publishing, monitoring and engaging across our company social media channels. This role will partner closely with ESMG Senior Specialists Community Managers for coordination and implementation of strategic social messaging in support of our company and business.
- Partner and coordinate within ESMG and across stakeholders as it relates to advancing corporate content through social media channels.
- Create tailored social content plans in coordination with Sr. Specialists based on reaching and actively engaging target audiences.
- Leverage ESMG content calendaring tools (Kapost) for coordinating, calendaring and uploading approved content.
- Support collaboration with Promotional Review Team (PRT) members in development and approval of content as needed.
- Support senior specialist in responding for the health of the channel and appropriate audiences by engaging with the online community.
- Consistently monitor channels and employ company compliance response protocols for all. AEs/PQCs and customer comments as well as engaging on company platforms.
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Two years in social media, community management and/or social media content creation
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience managing tight timelines and budget
- Experience managing agency resources
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Experience of communications/marketing, project management, and/or content development for social media and digital strategy
- Graphic design skills
- Social listening and metrics knowledge/experience
- Social Paid Media Knowledge
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.