CO-OP, an expanding nonprofit organization in southeastern MA, has an exciting opportunity for a LPN that will provide full-time employment.
The LPN will be working at our residential homes providing support to individuals with various medical needs. The LPN is responsible for implementing and monitoring an array of health care and other personal support services designed to enrich the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
1. Administer medications and implement nursing treatment plans.
2. Confer with physicians, dentists, and therapists as appropriate.
3. Communicate with/provide necessary information on relevant health issues to parents, guardians, and applicable Agency staff.
4. Respond to participant complaints of illness and recommend appropriate action.
5. Confer with pharmacists regarding medications and their acquisitions as appropriate.
6. Monitor seizure disorder records.
7. Monitor general health status of participants, including hygiene issues and skin integrity.
8. Administer minor first aid when necessary.
9. Complete all health related documentation requirements.
10. Provide standard First Aid/CPR certification training and/or other assigned training/s to Agency employees.
*Current Licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Practical Nurse.
*Experience working with individuals with ABI preferred, CO-OP will provide training
*A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
*Acceptable Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, upon hire
History of CO-OP
CO-OP was established in 1972 to provide community services to adults with intellectual disabilities in the greater Taunton area. Our purpose is to assist people with disabilities and others to become valued members of their communities, with opportunities for meaningful participation in areas of personal pursuit.
To support this mission, we provide or facilitate services that: *Acknowledge and build upon an individual strengths, interests, and cultural experiences.*Assist in the development of skills that promote community presence and participation.*Provide meaningful opportunities for education, employment, recreation, volunteerism and other enrichment activities.*Support diverse and valued social relationships among people of all ages and abilities and encourage collaboration with other organizations and individuals in support of these values.
The agency currently provides residential, day program and employment services to more than 250 individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.73 /hour
Nursing Clinical Setting: