At WillowTree, we bring our clients' ideas to life — in a digital sense.
We believe teams of mixed disciplines and diverse perspectives create the best product.
And our Human Resources team is vital to our team's success.
They start with culture.
They want to understand our teams' needs, goals and inspirations.
They seek to creatively solve issues and desire to push the vision of WillowTree's culture forward (always).
And they're really good at inspiring others and fostering our culture.
WillowTree's current clients include HBO, Nestle, Allianz, General Electric, Fox Sports, PepsiCo, and more. Our commitment to fostering an environment that encourages creativity has been rewarded by Fortune, Great Places to Work and Glassdoor as the best workplace in tech. Check out what others aresaying ( https://willowtreeapps.com/company ) about us.
As an HR Generalist at WillowTree, you'll be our front-line HR representative for our Durham office. You'll foster an environment where everyone can thrive. You'll help our team members interpret policies, successfully onboard, and fully understand our benefits and perks.
- You'll support our team members' career growth and ensure WillowTree remains one of theBest Places to Work ( https://willowtreeapps.com/company )
- You'll collaborate with the HR team to create a 5-star experience for our team members to ensure they'll want to stay and thrive at WillowTree
- You'll advocate for meaningful mentorship and growth opportunities
- You'll foster a culture of teams that are inclusive, innovative and inspired
Your Day to Day
- Being the go-to person for questions related to perks and benefits, professional guidance, and the WillowTree way
- Using discretion and judgment to interpret and apply the policies that shape the way we work at WillowTree (e.g. PTO, professional development, ADA/FMLA)
- Improving existing processes (e.g. onboarding, training and mentoring) and implementing new benefits and perks
- Owning our compliance processes — getting into the nitty-gritty with EEO-1 filing, OSHA record keeping, and providing numbers and data for state reporting
- Researching and implementing best practices for mentorship, health and wellness initiatives, performance development, and benefits
- Shaping policies to drive our culture
- You've been working in HR for 2+ years, and you're looking for a place where you can make a true impact
- You're flexible and believe that process shouldn't (always) get in the way of progress
- You've experienced many different aspects of Human Resources- from performance management to benefits administration
- You love details and accuracy. You're a grammar nerd and love when instructions and policies make sense
- You're able to work with confidential information and have a great sense of judgment when dealing with team member concerns
- You're passionate about inclusion and always looking for ways to make people feel heard
- You don't shy away from difficult conversations — you're comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help team members go beyond their full potential
- You have your PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- You have experience in a fast-growing company with changing business needs (+1 for a background in the creative or tech industry)
- You have a multi-state HR background
- You've administered a self-funded benefits plan
- You've processed visa sponsorships and know your stuff when it comes to immigration
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That's why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You'll work hard here; however, we'll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We're committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
Our benefits package aims to keep you and your family well — physically, mentally, and financially. In addition to the benefits you'd expect — competitive pay, health insurance, 401k, etc — we're committed to creating a culture of continuous learning and support.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.