The Mail Clerk I performs routine daily, weekly and monthly activities related to the CSAC Mailroom (General Services Dept.). This position reports directly to the General Services Supervisor. The Mail Clerk I is a full-time, non-exempt position, with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Please note that this is a Union position and the successful candidate must enroll and become a member of the “Office and Professional Employee International Union” (O.P.E.I.U.). The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tracking and delivery of all incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Use and knowledge of operating mass production machines such as copiers, fax machines, industrial paper shredders, maxi-mailer and postage machines.
- Assist Purchasing Department with delivery of weekly office supply requests.
- Performs routine activities related to CSAC mailroom.
- Receive, track, sort and deliver mail and packages as designated.
- Operates copy, fax, postage, weight/scale, shredding and collating equipment.
- Process shipping forms and post shipping labels for outgoing packages.
- Assemble inventory kits and support periodical inventory count.
The skills needed for the Mailroom Clerk I position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1-year related experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional phone etiquette, customer service skills, appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to stand or sit throughout a regular work day.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Oganized, detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds, occasionally
- High School Diploma.
Carpenters Southwest Administrative Corporation will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.64 /hour
- Administrative Duties: 1 year
- Mail Room: 4 years
Required work authorization: