Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work within a multi-disciplinary research & development (R&D) team. The position is located in McLean, VA.
The selected candidate will assist with the development of prototype software applications that will help Northrop Grumman shape future business pursuits for the Advanced Concepts & Technology (AC&T) division. We work in an R&D environment, which requires strong problem solving skills, an ability to be self-sufficient, and resourcefulness. The ideal candidate will have significant background in real-time computer graphics, experience with a current-generation game editor, experience working with virtual reality, and exposure to 3D modeling software.
The Software Engineer will work in a team environment to rapidly develop, integrate, test, and evaluate new capabilities with an emphasis on virtual and augmented reality. Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization
of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and minimum of 6 months of experience in gaming design and/or development.
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language, such as C#, C++, or Java
- Experience solving 3D visual problems with OpenGL, DirectX, or other related technologies
- Proficiency with a variety of visual and/or UI technologies
- BS in Computer Science with 2+ years of experience
- Experience with Unity Pro or similar game engines
- Experience with Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with web development
- A desire to create meaningful, immersive experiences for users of your software
- Demonstrable 3D modeling experience (e.g., Blender, 3D Studio Max); past experience creating models used in real-time rendering is desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.