At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Join our Imaging team…greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
We are looking for an intermediate or senior level Web / Data Analyst to help us understand fully what’s working and what’s not within our digital ecosystem so we’re in a constant state of improvement.
The demand on digital technologies to support Nuance’s marketing activities is rapidly increasing; as a result, our Nuance Digital Marketing Group is expanding. We are looking for talented and passionate team players to join us and contribute to Nuance’s continued success.
The Web / Data Analyst (Analytics Engineer) is responsible for:
1) development and implementation of analytic tracking standards and site code to ensure consistent KPIs company-wide
2) collection and reporting of online analytics for Nuance’s various marketing digital platforms, with a focus on Nuance.com; routinely measure web traffic, trends, customer experience, and campaign performance to support Nuance marketers
3) proactively analyzing data and reporting/presenting insights that are digestible and actionable by Nuance marketers around the world, ensuring our digital marketing efforts are continually course-correcting to create maximum pact
The successful candidate will conduct ongoing best-practice research to keep us at the leading edge and optimize business KPI's / marketing ROI, while working with various cross-functional teams and data sources.
1) Have excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated interpersonal and relationship management capabilities
2) Thrive in a varied, fast-paced and result-driven environment, with clear understanding of responsibility and accountability; work well under pressure, always keeping internal clients’ needs at the forefront
3) Successfully manage his/her time and work with across functional groups
4) With fast changing technologies, we are also expecting the person to be a quick learner and to be able to figure things out, apply new technologies, and work with sound judgment and minimal instruction/supervision.
5) Be a strong team player with a positive attitude, ready to keep programs and projects forward; have the desire to succeed, grow and exceed expectations.
This position will report to Director of Technology, Digital Marketing group, within the Corporate Marketing organization.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how users interact with our sites
- Maintain and manage analytics tracking and page tagging standards; ensure consistent implementation process across all marketing web properties
- Manage analytics requests that incorporate: web and blog/social media traffic and behavior; site conversions and funnels; customer feedback and satisfaction ratings
- Provide proactive insights based on regular analyses and special-request inquiries for performance against specific business objectives
- Manage, prioritize, and respond to ad-hoc requests for web performance analysis from internal corporate marketing and divisional marketing teams
- Build and maintain web analytics reports to monitor online business and communicate results and recommendations to key stakeholders regularly
- Continuously identify opportunities to modify reporting and analytic strategies to better meet the needs of the business.
- Serve as the company’s digital marketing analytics subject matter expert, staying on top of news, trends, and best practices
- Collaborate closely with corporate and divisional marketing teams in the US, EMEA and Asia Pacific to define tracking goals and objectives
- Understand and deliver clear verbal and written explanations of performance metrics to divisional marketing teams
- Analyze potential changes to the website based on MVT results, closely track the results of changes or tests
- Assist divisional marketing program managers and corporate PR and social media teams with campaign tracking needs and post-campaign analysis
- Generate weekly/monthly trend and variance analyses of traffic and revenue
- Develop strong understanding of traffic drivers and advertising revenue streams
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5-7 Years
- Strong analytical skills; able to review large amounts of data, form hypotheses and draw meaningful patterns and insights from disparate data sources. Explain complex data in a clear manner to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking skills; able to understand goals and objectives of web products and projects and provide recommendations regarding how to using web metrics, customer feedback and market or industry benchmarks to monitor success towards goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- At least 3 years of working with standard web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, ClickTracks, WebTrends, etc.; and ability to leverage their advanced features and functionality to generate meaningful reports and insights
- At least 3 years of experience in web user behavior analysis and advanced web analytics methodologies; knowledge and applied experience with digital marketing strategy and analytics (social media, SEM, SEO, display advertising and e-Commerce)
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience in large companies with multiple functions / business units, preferred
- Self-motivated, works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Open-minded, willing to learn new technologies as required and provide recommendations and ideas to improve our marketing automation ecosystem/technology roadmap
- Experience with other Digital Platforms such as Tableau, GoodData, Sprinklr, TrendKite
- Experience with Digital Advertising: Google AdWords, DoubleClick
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.