About NPI – Nikon Precision Inc.
Nikon Precision Inc. (NPI) is a leading supplier of semiconductor production and inspection equipment. Our state-of-the-art photolithography equipment is used to image submicron geometries onto various substrates for the manufacture of integrated circuits, LCD panels, and other applications. Our tools help manufacture the heart of most consumer electronics on the market today, including computer, hard drive, non-volatile memory, smartphones, GPS units, and other emerging technical products.
- Member of a team that investigates, coordinates and disseminates NSR assembly, tooling, facility preparation requirements and specifications with primary responsibility for providing CAD support for Nikon components and mechanical drawings to internal and external customers.
- Ensure high level of quality in facility preparations, transportation, machine delivery and installations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to use company systems and documented procedures to complete standard tasks and follows established procedures to perform job under supervision or guidance.
- Performs technical tasks of limited scope with assistance.
- Provides technical support in the form of written and graphic technical methods, specifications, procedures and engineering technical drawings.
- Carries out assignments that require the ability to work on complex multiple projects and critical issues simultaneously
- Limited customer interaction. Typically responds to customer request by referring them to a senior IET member or team lead.
- Participates in constructive interaction with other departments within NPI.
- Decisions include proper application of engineering methodologies, interpretation and evaluation.
- May assist coworkers to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to take physical field measurements and conduct facility verification.
- Ability to support Nikon components during move-in and placement phases of the installation.
- Provides CAD support in addition to learning IET CAD methods (standards, templates and Mylar’s).
- Experience with Mechanical (ANSI Y14.5-Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and Electrical engineering drawings.
- Exhibits aptitude for continued development of analytical skills
- Steadily demonstrates an improved skill set.
- Complies with Nikon Code of Business Conduct and actively demonstrates and role models support of NPI Core Values: Culture, Company Value, Customers and People.
- Complies with Good Service Practice (judgment, decision-making, risk-taking).
- Shows ownership and follow-up for work performed. Accountable and liable for own actions.
- Does not cause quality incidents.
- Arrives on time and ready for work.
- Actively works on NPI-related tasks during work hours.
- Maintains company confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Candid and forthright when communicating about work performed.
- Works under the guidance of and asks for assistance from senior personnel as needed.
- Provides clear verbal and written communication so correct actions can be taken based on information being conveyed. (Examples of communication modes include but are not limited to: reports, email, meeting minutes, action plans, presentations, and meetings – group or one-on-one.)
- Works effectively with other employees.
- Accepts and positively responds to constructive criticism.
- Completes timesheets accurately, on time, matching Merlin entries. Informs senior IET hours for billable work.
- Completes annual training requirements.
- Completes all administrative duties accurately and on time with appropriate approvals.
- Generates reports with assistance from senior personnel as needed
- Communicates with customer and local site personnel to complete job responsibilities. Generates minutes with timely follow-up on action items.
- Interfaces with multiple internal departments, customers and suppliers to resolve technical installation issues.
- Serves as a conduit of information to and from the factory with support of senior personnel.
- Effectively communicates collected data.
- Responds effectively to requests for assistance.
- Shares appropriate knowledge and skills with others.
- Complies with all safety directives. Completes all safety training according to schedule.
- Works in a safe manner with no safety violations.
- Communicates safety issues to coworkers or customers.
Skills, Experience and Education
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, AS degree in Engineering Technology (or similar) plus 2-5 years field experience.
- Demonstrated experience in use of Microsoft Office suite, MS Project and AutoCAD (or other CAD software).
- May require travel, occasionally on short notice, or paid off-hour and holiday work.
- May require long periods of standing.
- Work in the cleanroom.
- May perform other duties as required.
Nikon Precision Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time