Social Strategist - Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, New York(Job Number: SAA001834)
Primary Location-United States-New York
Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness is looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York.
Walk the halls of SSW and you'll find a rather spirited and passionate group of people. It's a stimulating assembly of professionals—writers, managers, strategists, art directors, planners, analysts and developers.
We believe the only way to move people to live healthier, happier lives is to create ideas that move them emotionally. Never powered by reason alone, people – whether they’re consumers, caregivers, doctors or payers – are motivated to take action by emotion. Only when people feel something will they be willing to do something.
For decades, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness has provided consumer and professional marketing, strategic consulting and medical education to pharmaceutical and wellness brands. Today, we're dedicated to continuing that legacy by raising the bar and crafting award- winning work online, on-air, in print and in-office. Going beyond addressing simply the absence of illness, our vision is to inspire a healthier, happier world. Together, we strive to help brands thrive in today’s culture of wellbeing by leveraging the power of Wellness IntelligenceSM.
About the Role:
Are you a media planner with exceptional social expertise looking to move further into social? Do you consider yourself a social strategist with in-depth media knowledge? Saatchi and Saatchi Wellness (SSW) has something that should really interest you!
SSW is seeking a unique individual for an equally unique opportunity. SSW is ratcheting up our offering in social and media and needs just the right person to lead the charge on both sides. This is a rare opportunity to be at the ground floor of expanding an innovative group at a well-established and leading health and wellness agency in NYC.
The Social and Media Strategist will report directly to our Director of Social Media Strategy. This is a high visibility and high potential role. The Social and Media Strategist will be a force within SSW as the healthcare industry looks to harness the power of emerging and social media.
Do you crave variety? Building on a trusted heritage to create something new? Then this position is for you. Some days might be helping creative bring their ideas to life across the media landscape, other days developing a social strategy for a brand or campaign.
Beyond the day-to-day work, the Social and Media Strategist will be a thought leader for the agency and our clients on the latest digital/social/mobile media opportunities and social platforms, as well as working closely with agency teams and clients to leverage them for brands. You will be at the forefront of business development efforts, working on pitches and presenting the value of social to our existing clients.
As the Social and Media Strategist, you will help lead social and content strategy as well as coordinate community management and influencer outreach for some of the strongest and most trusted brands in healthcare. The Social and Media Strategist will join the existing CRM/Social operations team for to build programs with high-quality operational excellence.
- BA or BS in marketing or communications
- At least 1 year of experience in the social media and digital media planning industry.
- Passion for social media, community building, and emerging technology, including how it can be used to connect patients and physicians with experiences that drive improved health and wellness
- Knowledge of social media platforms as well as the tools of the trade
- Awareness or willingness to learn the FDA guidelines for social media in healthcare
- Strong background in connections planning and broadcast and digital media planning and buying
- Ability to work closely with engagement strategists, brand planners, creative, user experience and data analysts across multiple brands
- Understanding of basic research techniques and methodologies and use them to support development/execution of client campaigns
- Health & wellness experience is a big plus, but not required
- Experience in influencer marketing and blogger outreach are a plus
- Experience with loyalty programs, driving purchase, or retail tie-ins would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A friendly disposition and ability to work in rapid, sometimes high-stress environment
- A team player who can be accountable and flexible
This role provides multiple growth opportunities. Our vision is to build out a comprehensive social team at the agency as well as expanding the agency’s media capability.
About Publicis Health
Publicis Health is the premier global health and wellness communications network. We are one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, the third-largest advertising and media company in the world, giving us unparalleled global reach.
We manage top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, medical education, clinical trial program development, sales and marketing, digital, market access, and medical and scientific affairs. Our nearly 6,500 employees work at 15 agency brands across 60 offices located in 10 countries.
We are a connected solutions hub, equipped for continual business transformation in today’s world. We integrate services across our global offices and brands to deliver on our clients’ needs. Each of our agencies brings a unique approach to business, which makes us even stronger together. We understand the rapidly changing healthcare environment and leverage it to maximize the potential of our clients’ brands.
www.publicishealth.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/publicishealth | Twitter: www.twitter.com/publicishealth
SSW is headquartered in New York City and part of the largest healthcare communications group in the world, Publicis Health Global network. Learn more at www.saatchiwellness.com