Design Build Construction Estimator
Due to continued growth, we have an opening for a Design Build Construction Estimator. Types of projects include K-12, Higher Education, Office Buildings, Healthcare, and other commercial projects ranging in size from $2M – 20M.
What You Will Be Doing
- Creating conceptual budgets based on building audits, program and project parameters
- Preparing quantity surveys and cost estimates for all architectural trades; which requires complete knowledge of material, labor, subcontractor and equipment costs
- Working closely with designers, development engineers, in-house mechanical and electrical estimators
- Leading design teams and managing the pre-construction schedule.
- Providing estimates with increasing level of detail based upon design information provided and within schedule requirements
- Evaluating building systems (foundations, structural, building envelope) and finishes for cost effectiveness and constructability.
- Providing Scope of Work descriptions for bidding for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Developing Division 1 contract documents.
- Communicating with subcontractors & suppliers to ensure numerous bids per trade.
- Conducting scope review meetings with contractors leading to successful contract agreements
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ building construction and estimating experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and first-hand experience of building materials, building systems, the construction marketplace and associated costs
- Knowledge of the local subcontracting community and vendors who supply building products
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Excel and Word, Bluebeam, Timberline Estimating and Insite Earthwork take-off is a plus.
- Good communication and leadership skills to be successful in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
Reynolds was established in 1994 to pursue public sector agency construction management opportunities in Central Pennsylvania. Since then, the firm has grown to become a full-service building solutions provider of Construction, Energy, Engineering and Commissioning, and Emergency Restoration Services. The Reynolds footprint has also grown within the Mid-Atlantic region, having office locations in Harrisburg, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, King of Prussia, PA, and Elkridge, MD.
Reynolds offers a unique company culture, comprehensive benefits and dynamic work environment. We are a Best Places to Work in PA Company! Check out what we do at www.reynoldssolutions.com or on our social media platforms.
Submit letter or e-mail of introduction and resume including projects listing.
Reynolds is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Construction & Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)