Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to help build innovative machine learning applications and data analytic solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)? As a big data applications developer, you can solve problems focused on performance and cost optimization with end-to-end solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to build applications in a cloud-based environment from vision to production-ready system.
We need an applications developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, and identify needed system improvements. Using full life cycle development following Agile methodology and test-driven development you’ll work to design or customize data analytic solutions and manage development, deployment, testing, and maintenance of services. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to help make sure the solution the team develops considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change government business and missions for the better.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 2 years of experience with full life cycle Agile software development
- Experience with Java or Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and S3
- Experience with Hadoop or Hadoop MapReduce
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Wareman Pro, Scala, or Apache Nifi
- Experience with ETL, indexing, and entity resolution with big data
- Experience with making data available through microservices via APIs
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.