At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Assistant Program Manager 1 to support a restricted program in Northern Virginia.
- Principal duties include assisting with all phases of program management. •Responsible for coordinating scheduling and technical performance of this specialized program relating to Security, facilities, and administration.
- Leads and participates in the negotiation with sub-contractor personnel for the completion of Program sub-contractor requirements.
- Captures task work statement requirements and specifications and clearly explains to sub-contractor to successfully complete the required tasks. •Participates in customer discussions in the absence of the Program Manager as well as for directing all program activities with the members of the Program team.
- Helps to establish processes and procedures specific to this Program.
- Helps to establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, quickly identifying program issues with recommended solutions. •Directs the work of Program team members for the completion of security, facilities and administrative requirements.
- Assists with the collection of program invoices to resolve all program billing and invoice queries.
- Coordinates the master calendar, and provide scheduling support to other Program personnel as required.
- Process resident and temporary program badges, along with performing assigned escort duties when required.
- Act with discretion and good judgment when handling or disseminating sensitive, confidential, or proprietary information with the client.
- Additional duties include the support other aspects of the program, and taking additional tasks as needed.
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of related Program Management/Leadership experience or Masters and 3 years of related Program Management/Leadership experience
- Program assignments and tasks are given in objective oriented terms. Selected candidate will provide guidance to Program members based on specific Program goals and direction directly from the client. Work performed is reviewed and approved in terms of meeting the client's objectives and direct tasking
- Must clearly understand and provide direction, guidance, and responses to client and other team members within the scope of delegated assistant Program Manager Authority
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, capable of sound independent thinking, a team player with strong interpersonal skills, and have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities while displaying exceptional customer/client interaction
- Must have extreme eagerness and motivation to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced work environment in a variety of various Program Management conditions
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and editing written material of other employees for correct spelling and grammar
- TS/SCI w/poly clearance
- Program Management Institute (PMI) Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
- Must have the ability to frequently have contact with high level customer representatives to resolve pressing Program issues, provide recommendations to important Program impact decisions, and then provide sound Program/task execution
- Responsible for all project tasks assigned by the Program Manager. Acts as a mentor to other Program employees to meet schedule or resolve technical or operational issues
- Directly participates in establishing and administering many centralized functional project assignments
- Must have the ability to accurately plan, schedule, and arrange Program tasks and priorities to accomplish program objectives
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.