Who We Are:
At Morningstar Properties, we love what we do, and we hope it shows. We’re looking to expand our team of passionate, bright, driven learners who are dedicated to providing the very best customer experiences in our industry. Morningstar has been developing and acquiring state-of-the-art storage and marina facilities since 1981, now with approximately 100 storage and marina properties through the United States and growing!
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from robust training programs and development opportunities, competitive pay, a culture of care for our employees and excellence in customer service, and much more. We believe our greatest investments are our people, and we’d love to invest in you.
Who We’re Looking For:
A part-time Maintenance Associate for our Baxter Morningstar Storage facility: a people-person and team player who loves to fix, repair, and improve. We’re looking for an energetic, handy “keeper of the castle” who thrives in a non-desk job and whose motto is “it’s handled.”
What You’ll Do:
Create an exceptional environment for our customers.
- Take pride in the physical appearance, facilities and grounds of the property, including but not limited to landscaping, sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms and units, cleaning debris and items throughout the property (around dumpster and items left in units or throughout the property).
- Ensure proper functioning and upkeep of the property through regular maintenance tasks, including but not limited to HVAC upkeep and maintenance, electrical repairs, painting, carpentry repairs, plumbing repairs, roofing repairs (patch leaks, sealing).
Find the best methods to solve problems and enjoy knocking out a checklist.
Ability to impact your local community and charitable organizations of your choice through our Morningstar Cares program.
- Growth opportunities in a fast-paced organization.
What You Need:
- Curiosity & creativity.
- Independence, be self-driven, and engaging.
A “can do & happy to” attitude.
- Ability to move comfortably around the property, doing hands-on work.
- Experience with HVAC repairs a plus.
Past maintenance and janitorial experience.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Handy with tools, and some basic mechanical knowledge is a plus.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
All candidates extended an offer for employment must pass a pre-employment background check.
Physical Demands Required:
Ability to move freely throughout the property multiple times a day.
- Ability to climb up a ladder.
Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
Morningstar Properties is an equal opportunity employer.