The Developer Tech Lead role requires thought leadership to identify, prioritize and advance our BPM enterprise platform. As part of the BPM Center of Excellence, the Development Tech Lead engages with organizational stakeholders to influence BPMs solutions, architectural roadmaps and integrations with other technologies to best serve our customers.
- Serve as the BPM expert in the tool (Appian) setup/configuration/design, process and workflow usage, enterprise development, standards and best practices usage, training and delivery.
- Act as a BPM technology lead for the project teams to address systems, software integration and compatibility issues especially in a multi-tenant environment, inclusive of providing an integrated solution covering custom applications, other packages, infrastructure aspects and progressing to cloud applications.
- Analyze and support system requirements and functional specification to make design decisions, including independent judgment on any changes, enhancements, resolutions to roadblocks and identified defects.
- Deliver and recommend BPM solutions that adopt the enterprise BPM and SOA architectures, patterns, policies and standards, guidelines and principles, procedures, and methodology, while working closely with the Architects to define/refine as BPM maturity progresses.
- Build BPM reference implementations and integrations with other patterns, components and systems while working with the Solution Architects and other Technical Leads.
- Leverage a collaboration technique for identifying reuse opportunities with other members of the team and execute on reuse objectives.
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies such as Oracle, LDAP/TAM, Active Directory, Security/Web APIs and other internal systems in the enterprise.
- Conduct technical assessments and detailed design reviews, validating that the design follows the approved architecture.
- Play a major role in evolving the BPM Center of Excellence.
- Assist in furthering the BPM enablement efforts including the following and championing the BPM best practices for new applications.
- Socialize BPM concepts within the Business Users/Stakeholders including conducting demos on the Enterprise Platform (Appian).
- 8-10+ years’ related work experience in Information Technology.
- 3+ years of strong experience in design and implementation of Business Process Management based solutions using Appian BPM software is a must have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to infrastructure, network and enterprise scale environments
- Certification, knowledge and work experience with at least Appian versions 7.x, 16.x, 17.x or higher.
- Practical experience designing and building enterprise and/or distributed systems.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of architectural principles and the design, implementation and operations of enterprise technology solutions.
- Master degree in computer science, information systems or other related field.
- Experience in business process modeling as it integrates with Appian BPM.
- Experience with systems and software architecture, and both SaaS and on-premises software delivery models.
- Knowledge of information technology frameworks and methodologies, including Reference Architectures and Architecture Patterns.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated strong cross organization communication skills with both business and technical stakeholders to effectively communicate business benefits and influence technical decisions.
- Proven ability to lead or team with a cross-functional developers/designers, and operations stakeholders to deliver product and project deliverables.
- Proven ability to analytically address complex problems, process critical data, establish facts, and draw quality conclusions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, some tight deadlines and with ambiguity on some projects.
- Experience leading and working with virtual teams.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.