Do you want to make a difference for families who're facing Probate or Trust Administration?
This is a great opportunity that balances order and following a process with human contact and creating supporting relationships with families going through a difficult time.
-fearless computer skills
-eager to learn new software
-improve our client process
-low personal drama
-genuinely interested in others
-eager to improve listening and communication skills
-organized and follow through skills
-team player and able to work independently
-track time and work on CLIO software
- Utilize our CRM filing system to open client cases and organize client notes and documents in an efficient manner to ensure a positive client experience.
- Work with the direct supervisor to provide weekly updates regarding all case details and proactively alerting the appropriate team members when an issue needs to be addressed.
- File pleadings and setting court dates with the court clerk and managing the client's court calendar.
- Open and close Probate matters in the Cook County court system.
- Prepare affidavits, inventory, accounting, real estate documents, correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents for attorneys.
- Investigate facts and laws of cases and search public records and other resources to prepare cases, including unclaimed assets and claims made against the estate.
- Negotiate medical bills and credit card debt on behalf of the deceased.
- Process claim forms to obtain funding from banks and retirement planning providers.
- Apply and obtain EIN numbers from the IRS.
- Experience working as a Probate and Trust administration Paralegal
- Certificate of completion from an ABA-approved paralegal certification program of education and training, or an associate degree in paralegal studies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to function effectively in a busy environment.
- Office administration experience preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
To keep our team safe we have a balance of remote work / in office work / social distancing and flexibility in scheduling.
- probate: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations