Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. (“Company”) is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enable companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability (“EHS&S”) processes. Amongst a wide variety of use cases, the software allows customers to standardize and automate processes such as incident reporting, to monitor emissions and ensure regulatory compliance and to track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. The company was recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning it as a $100MM start up.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the senior .NET Developer will design, develop and evolve our next generation chemical lifecycle management products in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Work as part of an agile development team to design, estimate, develop, test and deliver software products.
- Ensure feature ease-of-use, ease-of-support, robustness, scalability and security are always key ingredients to the recommended design solutions
- Participate in the implementation of procedures and methodologies to improve the quality of the software (unit testing, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing).
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables and milestones for development projects.
- Research technologies, produce proof of concepts and identify opportunities to improve existing software codebase.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- University degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development using various technologies, frameworks and tools
- Experience in designing Web applications for scalability and performance
- Experience or interest in UX design, responsive web design, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with database programming and modelling.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum development methodologies
- Working knowledge of TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively independently and in a dynamic team environment.
- Abilities to effectively work and collaborate with remote colleagues.
- Proven time management, organizational and follow-up skills to meet deadlines
- Quality-oriented with a passion for customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and processes as needed.
At Sphera, we are working together to help our customers keep their people safe, their products sustainable and their operations productive. The best people don't want a job, they want to change the world and themselves. The best want to challenge the status quo. The best want to grow themselves and their careers. Come check out what Sphera has to offer and how that matches up with your career goals.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.