Requisition ID: QUA007869
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Merck Animal Health, Millsboro, DE is a Biotechnology Center of Excellence that manufactures, fills, packages and distributes vaccines for animals. Our site is responsible for mammalian, insect and avian cell culture production, live bird vaccine production, embryonic egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production and down-stream processing (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.)
A Senior Tech, Quality Control/Senior QC Lab Tech is responsible for performing advanced laboratory procedures independently for the testing of veterinary biologics according to strict government and company-imposed guidelines. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing Quality Testing. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality Control Procedures (QCPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and adhere to all safety and company policies, performing duties assigned by department management.
A Senior QC Lab Tech must possess thorough knowledge of the underlying principles used in testing procedures and understand the material being evaluated, i.e. virus, bacteria, cell line, etc.
Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Demonstrates, at all times, safe work habits and maintains a safe work environment. Understands and complies with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting testing methods and have the ability to evaluate new testing methods. Maintain and evaluate the sequential analysis of the testing standards used in the area of the assignment.
- Responsible for the entry of test results in the QC tracking system and the crosscheck of records.
- Responsible for proper cleaning and disinfection of work areas including floors, walls, tables, etc., according to QC procedures.
- Equipment set-up and operations
- Concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Report all unusual, non-routing occurrences when performing tasks
- Perform more advanced mathematical calculations, conversions and formulations
- Technicians may be responsible for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous, universal and/or infectious wastes.
- Participation in project teams and/or complete design of special projects.
- This position requires varying environmental conditions, such as indoor/outdoor work, which includes varying temperatures, entering coolers and freezers. Majority of time is spent standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting. May be required to lift up to 50lbs at times. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required per Safety Policy. Examples of required PPE are: safety glasses, safety shoes, LN gear, face shield, apron, gloves
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Life sciences discipline, i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated excellent math and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Applicant must be able to work with poultry eggs and various cell culture types.
- Applicant must have computer proficiency skills.
- Applicant is required to receive vacination for Rabies.
- Preferred candidate would have training in Aseptic Clean Room Behaviors
- 3 years related work experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.