The Professional Sales Representative ethically and compliantly implements tactics as defined by the Marketing and Sales plans. They are required to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane) and to deliver balanced sales presen-tations to current and prospective customers. In the assigned territory, the representative will utilize all marketing and selling materials designed for a respective audience. Customers may include, but are not limited to, physicians, nurses, healthcare providers, and hospitals/clinics. The representative will travel promptly and efficiently and plan and organize activities to ensure regular and consistent coverage of the territory according to a plan of action. The ability to drive and travel by air is an essential function/qualification of this position, as is the ability to travel efficiently and promptly and to deliver enthusiastic presentations in environments that can be stressful. Administration of territory information and compliance to promotional, report-ing, and regulatory requirements is imperative. Participation in certain training and develop-ment programs is required.
- Travel by vehicle (and where necessary airplane) in the assigned territory as directed, promptly and efficiently
- Achieve performance goals and objectives for geographical assignment (Territory).
- Distribute samples and record sample transactions in accordance with Company Policy and PDMA guidelines.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all promoted products and products with which they compete.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of diseases for which products are indicated.
- Deliver comprehensive and accurate sales presentations using all marketing and selling materials.
- Contact and deliver proficient sales presentations to customers of approved specialties.
- Understanding of the managed care process in the territory in which they sell (i.e. which plans are prevalent and impact business in the territory).
- Ability to present topics at district POA meetings.
- Develop a prompt and efficient daily call schedule to insure efficient and comprehensive coverage of territory.
- Complete pre and post call analysis that impacts future customer interactions.
- Complete administrative reports as required.
- Participate in training and development programs as required. This may require air travel which is essential to the ability to efficiently perform the job’s essential functions and critical to the ability to efficiently maintain qualifications for the job.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- This is a remote role.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3-5 years outside sales experience
- Experience in Podiatry, Dermatology preferred
- Will consider candidates with PCP and Business-to Business experience
- Candidates should be able to speak to clinical data and disease states
- Track record of successfully achieving sales quotas
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven, high energy and ability to manage stress and multiple competing priorities
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a stressful environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
- Ability to work independently from a home office when necessary for business purposes.
- Ability to carry a computer and samples into offices.
- Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training purposes. These are fundamental qualifications for the job.
COMMERCIAL OPS NA SZ
Los Angeles, CA
Company/Legal EntityFougera Pharmaceuticals USA
Job TypeFull Time