Partners of the Americas is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that for more than 50 years has been bringing together people, organizations, and expertise to develop lasting solutions to our hemisphere’s toughest challenges. Partners’ International Office is located in Washington, DC and is currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate for our Membership Team. The Membership Officer is responsible, along with the entire Membership Team, for the development, management and implementation of Partners of the Americas membership network, including but not limited to membership strengthening and recruitment, strategic partnership building, sub-network convening and service provision to key stakeholders. This position reports to the Partners' Sr. Advisor, Membership.
The Membership Officer functions include
- Facilitate innovative partnerships across the membership network and seek new grant opportunities for chapters.
- Support chapter members, particularly for PartnersCampus and affiliate chapters, and the development and maintenance of chapter communities of practice.
- Support with creation of YourMembership (YM) profiles for all new chapters, link all executive board members and general members to respective YM accounts online, consistently maintain and update database.
- Support in the coordination of international chapter networking events including, but not limited to, What Works and country chapter meetings for strategic planning.
- Support with all messaging related to Partners foundation grants, proposals, awards nominations, purchasing awards and preparing them prior to event(s), sending and keeping track of teaming agreements for all new chapters, re-chartering, collecting dues for all chapters, compiling and reporting information related to Partners' membership database to our communications and finance and administration team.
- Assist with on-boarding of new chapters via virtual orientation workshops
- Coordinate all international youth events/days of action along with YA Team (ex: International Youth Service Day, International Youth Day, etc.).
- Occasional travel to events and other fundraising opportunities will be required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience as Membership Officer preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with chapter organizations and/ or colleges & universities a plus
- Prior travel or work in Latin America preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required, Masters’ degree [or expressed intent] preferred.
- Strong written edit, and oral communication skills in English (Native English with Spanish and/or Portuguese skills preferred and French a plus).
- Experience in event planning, particularly with international audiences preferred.
- Experience in project management with the ability to process information quickly and independently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a current legal status to be able to work in the US.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship