- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
LOCATION: Logistics on Bellows AB in Waimanalo, Hawaii
PAY PLAN/SERIES/GRADE: NA-3502-02
POSITION NUMBER: 70002
(X) Regular- Full-Time
( ) Regular- Part-Time
( ) Flex
This position is open until filled, but not to exceed 90 days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies, and materials to and from tracks, dollies, etc., moves heavy boxes cartons, or luggage by hand, hand truck or dolly; opens crates and boxes using crowbars, and cuts bands using shears; stacks boxes and cartons where directed.
2. Using a shovel, digs ditches and tranches where a pick is not needed to loosen the dirt, and where the dirt, and where grading and sloping is not required; fills holes with dirt and levels bumps and low places, using shovel, hand tamper, and rake.
3. Runs hand lawnmower or (domestic type) powered lawnmowers, when this does not require heavy physical effort (for example, on steep grades); clears small trees and bushes, using handsaw, hatchet, or clipper.
4. Moves and arranges furniture as directed; shovels snow from sidewalks; washes and waxes cars and trucks by hand or power buffer.
5. Set up/break down/general maintenance on all rental equipment to designated areas on base.
6. Responsible for cleaning bathhouses, empty trash cans, recycle bins, clean camper cabins, campsites, pavilions, grounds, attend to drive range/mini golf facility, assist with base/unit functions, special projects, volleyball pit, tennis court, basketball courts, playground, and nature trail.
7. Ability to operate a forklift, tractor, weed whackers, pressure washer, blowers, and generators.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CONTROLS OVER WORK
Supervisor provides specific instructions for new tasks, after which incumbent may independently complete duties involving several distinct tasks or steps. Supervisor may check work in progress or review results of finished project.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
1. Skills and Knowledge: A certain degree of manual skill is required in using necessary hand tools and in operating simple power equipment. Continual care must be exercised by the incumbent because of the nature of the tools and equipment used, and weight of the object handled.
2. Physical Effort: Moderately heavy physical effort is required in lifting and carrying heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds, and in pushing heavy furniture, loading carts, etc.
3. Working Conditions: Works inside or outside, occasionally in bad weather. If indoors, may be exposed to dirt and dust. Chance of serious injury (e.g., broken bones, severe, cuts, strained back). Continuous standing, walking, stooping, or lifting is required.
No previous experience or training is required. Must be able to use, control, and clean common hand tools, and simple power equipment. Must be able to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps. Must be physically able to frequently lift and carry medium to heavy objects up to 40 pounds, and be able to occasionally lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Must be able to actively bend, stoop, stand, reach, and work in awkward positions. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
If position is announced as Regular Full Time (RFT) or Regular Part Time (RPT) you will be eligible for annual leave, sick leave, retirement, 401(k), health and life insurance. If you are a civil service employee with DoD, you may be eligible to keep the current retirement. As a Nonappropriated Fund employee, you are eligible to use the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, clubs, swimming pools and other Force Support Squadron facilities.
Applicant’s claiming Military Spouse, Family Member, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must submit required documents to be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
1. Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.
2. All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
3. Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
4. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 188.8.131.52). For current nonappropriated fund (NAF) employees, pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, Table 18).
5. “Any Individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed”.