We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience:
- Develops and monitors spending against the departmental budget.
- Authorizes necessary supply purchases and expenses for training and development materials.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Proposes training and development programs and objects to peers and leadership.
- Evaluates and recommends purchase of necessary learning aids and tools for the department such as specialized software and licenses, or recommends development of proprietary software to meet department/company needs.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Designs, plans, and implements training programs, policies, and procedures to assigned areas within the company.
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessments for all assigned departments and areas.
- Trains and coaches peer leadership in employee development efforts and advises of future project implementation.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results and modifies programs as necessary.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Researches new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing programs to meet the ongoing and changing needs of the company.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in training and development and retail operations.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM) designation and management experience preferred.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Proven proficiency in utilizing training and development models for instructional design and evaluation (e.g. ADDIE and/or Kirkpatrick models).
- Understanding of adult learning/adult education principles.
- Proficiency in utilizing Learning Management Systems.
- Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
- Project management skills, including the achievement of desired results within scope, timeline, and budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Conflict management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to apply creative solutions.
- Proven ability to train others.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
- Ability to develop direct reports, harnessing individual talents and advancing skillsets for the benefit of the team.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.