- Prior experience in Loss Prevention, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, law enforcement, or other related field
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service driven environment
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and CCTVs
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience leading teams and providing management, leadership and mentoring to team members as needed
PillPack is an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, acquired in 2018.
PillPack is on mission to reinvent pharmacy and driving the future of medicine. We use design, service, and technology to provide the best possible customer experience and change the way people think about medicine.
The Loss Prevention Manager for PillPack leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, analysis & intellectual property) protection within the assigned location. The Loss Prevention Manager is a key member of the operations organization, working with the PillPack Operational team as well as cross functional teams throughout the organization. The position is site-based and reports to the Regional Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Stay informed of local, state, and federal laws related to pharmacy practices, including changes or developments and their impact on PillPack and its customers.
- Partner with Operations to align policies and initiatives with requirements and demands of accrediting/licensing bodies (BOP, VIPPS, URAC).
- Implement security controls within the pharmacy to maintain control of pharmaceutical materials and guarantee adherence with applicable state and federal laws.
- Educate pharmacy staff on security policies, security procedures, and expectations.
- Partner with operations management to review security processes regularly to ensure optimal efficiency and embrace continuous quality improvement.
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
- Lead investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate.
- Effectively address security incidents including potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy as well as conduct testing of the incident response plans.
- Ensure that team members understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department.
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert.
- Develop business cases which receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
- Recruit, hire, develop and retain candidates who raise the performance bar of the security services organization, when needed.
- Up to 25% travel (domestic)
- Work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- Ability to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience, including Wicklander and Zulawski certification
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
- Results oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skill and is comfortable working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Analytical leader experienced in performance based, action and results oriented management, strong project manager and effective problem-solver
- Ability to take calculated risks and challenge current practices to develop and deliver innovative solutions to meet or exceed the customer expectations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age