The Senior Control Systems Engineer develops, integrates and supports automation applications within a manufacturing plant, including chemical batch building equipment as well as chemical packaging lines. The Controls Systems Engineer also performs process equipment preliminary design, final design, installation, check-out, start-up and on-going support phases. The Controls Systems Engineer utilizes PLC and HMI programming tools and techniques, implements applications, supports the resolution of problems and develops documentation of the resolution.
- Provides technical support and analysis for installed control systems
- Develops and supports PLC programs along with HMI graphics for specific projects
- Performs engineering calculations following standard methods and principles and applies engineering judgment where experience dictates
- Assists in the development of project specifications, estimates, change orders and schedules
- Manages assigned portions of project and is proactive in problem identification and resolution
- Gathers information that is relevant to a problem and brings information to the team for discussion; Develops alternatives, and receives assistance in identifying alternatives
- Assists other engineers and project managers in performing aspects of projects, both in the office and at the customer’s site
- Occasionally works with vendors to procure equipment and materials
- Supports plant electrical personnel by understanding, designing, and troubleshooting electrical control circuits
- Occasionally supervises other engineers and designers
- Participates and contributes within a self-directed Value Stream Team for the Solutions focused factory.
- Works within a team environment with all levels of the organization.
- Consults with vendors in the development of packaging processes.
- Maintains accurate and compliant documentation to meet company, client, and regulatory expectations.
- Supports manufacturing issues, CAPA’s, SCARS and audits.
- Occasional travel to customers or suppliers as required.
Required Education for Position
- BS in Engineering, preferably, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Preferred Skills/Experience for Position
- Minimum of three years of experience
- Knowledge of continuous/semi-continuous process control and material handling
- Experience with PLC and HMI programming
- Experience with liquid material handling and conveying
- Experience designing industrial electrical controls and coordinating with original equipment manufacturers
- Experience reading and understanding drawings and blueprints
- CAD experience is a plus, preferably SolidWorks or Pro-E/Creo
- Familiar with ISO 13485, FDA Design Control, CAPA, SCAR, and audit procedures.
- Training and experience in Lean and Six Sigma, or equivalent.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing, DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE, and Validations
Job Type: Full-time