Home Chef is a rapidly growing meal kit delivery service, fueled by our customer-first mentality and incredible team. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
We are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team at our San Bernardino, CA production facility. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for obtaining a daily task list, organizing associates to execute tasks, and managing progress against the assigned tasks throughout the shift. You are responsible for training all associates on standard procedures and ensuring work is completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers assigned to receiving dock
- Oversees receiving activities to ensure accuracy, integrity of product and dock maintenance are all kept up to company standards.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Responsible for training and helping team to effectively use the ERP system.
- Ensures all Receiving processes are completed in accordance to SOP's and communicate any variances or issues.
- Monitors the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately depict material received.
- Supervise personnel as assigned for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting shift requirements
- Maintain various records, schedules, receiving spreadsheets, loading spreadsheets and, inventory spreadsheets for the purpose of documenting and providing reliable information
Issuing Product to Production:
- Ensures product is stored and placed in the correct quantity and location on floor
- Upholds standard procedures for staging product in coolers and freezers when applicable
- Trains all team members to read boxing call-out sheet and distinguish which meats are being utilized for shipping week
- Makes sure team is making progress against daily task list
- Escalates issues to supervisor level 2 or manager when warehouse progress against tasks list is proceeding at a slower than expected rate or is at risk of causing a halt in production
- Works with team to complete end of shift clean up duties, ensuring all product that needs to be removed from the floor is put back in the correct freezer, cooler, or ambient location
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers assigned to outbound shipping
- Ensures that cases shipped are verified against pertinent documentation (pallet shipping sheet/load diagram)
- Follows proper procedures for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets
- Trains team members of standard procedures for tagging, storage, and loading of outbound pallets
- Provides accurate, current inventory data for purchasing decisions
- Supervises and coordinates the taking of weekly and monthly physical inventories
- Investigates, identifies and reconciles the cycle count discrepancies, i.e., shortages as well as overages
- Provides recommendations on ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- In charge of overseeing work performed by department personnel
- Responsible for product quality and quantity immediately after receiving processes have been completed
- Responsible for attending conference calls with corporate packaging team and to give feedback on usage and overall process improvements
Supervision of Warehouse Personnel:
- Develops a teamwork environment
- Communicates job expectations and builds departmental standards for performance
- Lives the Home Chef Values of Customer First and Best-in-Class team
- Adheres to safety related procedures and works with associates to create “safety first” work environment
- Trains warehouse associates on standard procedures
- Trains warehouse associates on safe operation of material handling equipment
- Collects the MHE checklists for shift to ensure that all equipment being used has had a pre-shift operational check
- Manages hour by hour performance of team against daily task list
- Ensures each activity he or she is overseeing is completed to standard
- Provides on the floor coaching to warehouse associates; initiates disciplinary actions when needed
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a leadership role
- Must have warehouse leadership experience in shipping, receiving, or inventory
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word.
- Computer proficiency to execute transactions and enter counts/corrections required
- Ability to use handheld data logging equipment required
- 5S and lean manufacturing principles highly desired.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F- ~-10⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment: E.g. forklift, Electric pallet jack, Manual pallet jack
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects
- Frequent reaching, standing, walking, and lifting required
Job Type: Full-time
- Lean Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)