This position reports to the Managing Director.
The Director of Revenue Management and Front Services is responsible for providing direction to the property team in order to maximize RevPAR and RevPAR Index through the management of room inventories, market mix and pricing strategies. In addition, ensure guest service standards of the guest arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are met through optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service scores and comments.
- Perform as Primary Manager on duty able to resolve all guest issues.
- Monitoring and understanding the pricing of competitors, the dynamics of the local market, and demand generators
- Analyzing and reviewing monthly and weekly STAR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results
- Managing group cut-off dates and block shortfalls and overages
- Training sales and front office teams to understand revenue management principles and the roles they play
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service, and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being applied.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the guest response tracking system.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Passionate about the job you do and the results of your efforts
- Fanatically analytical; extremely comfortable manipulating data
- Vertically and horizontally nimble; able to drive both the strategy and implementation of ideas
- Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience and Revenue, preferably in leadership role.
- Proficient with PMS system.
- Above average Excel knowledge; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Aptitude to perform numerical analysis of data and formulate conclusions and solutions
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Front Desk and Revenue: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules