Do you have a passion for talent and the drive to take hiring and onboarding to the next level? How about building programs that ensure our new hires, that could be taking us to Mars, have a best-in-class experience? The Employee Onboarding Lead role epitomizes this opportunity.
Space is not a place to go, it’s a Place To Do and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we design and build stuff and send it into space whether it’s to Mars or taking samples of asteroids! We also like thinking beyond today and we want our Onboarding Lead to think the same. This position can be summarized in this way:
- Opportunity to play a role in making the Onboarding function within Lockheed Martin Space to a more progressive level – focusing on key cornerstones:
1. Technology Enabled Process Improvements
2. Gold Standard Candidate Experience
3. Data Driven – data insights to show the value that onboarding brings to the business
- Work with newly hired executive leaders and their HR Business Partners to ensure a positive experience
- Build relationships and partnerships across several HR and Business functions
- Improve the new employee orientation content and experience (NEO)
- Leverage your presentation skills to excite and share key information to new hires
This role falls within the Global Talent Acquisition organization that leads onboarding, recruiting, workforce planning, and hiring operations activities across various lines of businesses, and over 40 locations. A true Center of Excellence, the group's objective is to provide leadership for the enterprise around talent acquisition inclusive of recruitment at all levels from campus to senior executives and enterprise-wide (global) projects and programs.
Reporting to the Manager of Services and Analytics, this role is the New Employee Orientation Lead for Lockheed Martin Space and serving as the Project Manager for all onboarding activities including Executive Onboarding.
The focus is to drive enhancements to the onboarding plan and establish the schedule and rhythm to integrate multi-function subject matter experts and Corporate/location processes into a holistic, organized experience. Sourcers and coordinators with responsibility for filling close to 3,000 positions annually.
The role also serves as the NEO and Onboarding site lead, fully executing and facilitating the program to ensure new hires, rehires, and transfers are engaged, excited and informed about Lockheed 's mission, values and culture.
But It Won’t Be Easy!
First Year Objectives:
- It’s all about the relationships! The role will need to engage and partner across HR functions for help in facilitating Orientations
- The business has several remote locations with minimal resources to deliver a consistent onboarding experience
- Some of the orientation content is owned by Lockheed Martin Corporate so changing the content requires thinking ahead and partnering effectively
- The work can be tedious and repetitive
Other Focus Areas & Responsibilities:
- Successfully execute the executive onboarding program for all transferring and hew hire leaders resulting in 100% positive onboarding experience for directors and VP’s
- Improve NEO survey results by creating action plans based on survey data
- Roll-out improvements to onboarding based on findings from process design and improvement activity focus groups
- Educate recruiters & coordinators to ensure processes and policies are followed
- I-9 Processing and Support: a key partner to HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and other stakeholders for pre-boarding
- Establish an onboarding team that would consist of HRBPs for the 30-60-90 plan & other onboarding activities.
- Coordinating with subject matter experts to define needs and develop content; includes training others to support the completion of I-9 documents in other locations
- E-Verify Support: maintaining the automated onboarding dashboard; work closely with HRIS on onboarding reporting
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in human resources or communications.
- Prior invoicing/procurement experience and HR/people systems.
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems
- Strong analytical skills to assess results from surveys and other reports
- Working knowledge of Lockheed Martin policies and procedures
- Project management experience and/or indirectly managing others to achieve a deliverable or goal
- Strong proficiency level with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- The role will require presenting in front of live audiences, as well as email correspondence so strong verbal and written communication (presentations) skills is very important. This includes the ability to communicate to people from high school interns to executives
- He/she must have the ability to work independently and execute tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.