The Data Services Manager is responsible for performing a wide array of tasks related to the maintenance and implementation of third party data that we include in our auto insurance products across all states. Responsibilities also include integrations with third party lead vendors. This is a high impact position that offers an outstanding opportunity at Elephant Insurance Services, LLC.
- Provide input into business product strategy including opportunities to improve loss ratio and quote throughput through the use of external data including credit, MVR, Clue, DHI, data prefill, Carfax, etc. Includes responsibility for integration of third party lead vendors.
- Lead research and analysis of data vendors. Evaluate the cost/benefit of opportunities to better utilize data including new vendors, performance of existing vendors, placement of data in the quote flow, etc.
- Complete detailed business requirements and fully understand how data is integrated into Elephant systems. Validate that data is mapped accurately and in accordance with rates filed with the state departments of insurance.
- Work with Pricing, Compliance, IT, Operations, and other support departments in determining business requirements and to reduce system defects.
- Responsible for $5M annual data services budget.
- Update and provide oversight for payment of data vendor invoices, reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for testing all system and/or business process changes impacting data vendors and third party lead integrations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with Excel and Word required.
- Experience with SQL Server, MS Access or other relational databases preferred.
- Proven skills in data management and data extraction working with large data sets preferred.
- Must have an aptitude for critical thinking and problem resolution and outstanding communication skills.
- Must have strong people and influencing skills.