- Software Testing
At Chatham Financial, we're committed to making a positive impact on our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and growth. And yes, we know for many the word "financial" often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy). Don't fret. Working here is a unique experience.
- Our campus is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. No offices, an open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, standup desk option, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team collaboration. The on-campus disc golf course, ping pong table, and lounge help too.
- Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It's an opportunity not only for a break from the "day-to-day," but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
- Our four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world's largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
- Competitive salary and paid time-off based on experience. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
- And leave the tie at home. We don't believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.
This is neither a conventional QA job nor a conventional test automation job. This is a technical, agile test engineering role. In this role, you will develop automated tests, lead exploratory testing sessions, experiment with progressive testing approaches, and work with your development team to design for testability.
This is a technical position -- as a member of an agile team, you will be expected to write test code, build frameworks, contribute technically with the rest of the team.
- Experience leading the testing function as an embedded member an agile development team.
- Good programming skills will be examined as part of the interview process. Most of the feature and test code on this team is written in C#.
- Experience with and/or a strong knowledge in software testing practices, especially BDD/acceptance test-driven development. You will be expected to write automated acceptance tests while features are being developed.
- Experience in exploratory testing. By this, we are not using a euphemism for running manual test scripts. If you have to do something repeatedly, automate it. With exploratory testing, we mean thoughtful manual exploring to fill in the gaps of automated testing.
- Experience working with a variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Prefer experience with things like Git workflow, performance testing, and security testing
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to travel to our European office in Krakow, Poland.
- 3+ years of testing experience.