Wind Quality - QA Supervisor
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in the wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero-carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance, and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Responsible for ensuring project compliance with Construction Quality Plan (CQP) and Corporate Quality requirements including QA processes, audits, QC inspections, and reporting Quality status to Corporate Quality Manager and Project Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that project teams complete the preparation, implementation, and reporting on construction projects that include:
- Inspection Test Plan (ITP)
- Construction Quality Plan (CQP)
- Project meetings, training, and processes required in the CQP
- QC inspection forms and submittal process
- Perform continuous audits on project processes to ensure compliance with CQP and Corporate requirements. Minimum of 50% of the time in the field.
- Internal construction work processes and documentation
- Subcontractor work processes and documentation
- Supplier Audits
- Project disciplines
- RFI, Engineering drawing management, schedule, and procurement
- Verification that inspection requirements are met and performs random Quality Control check on all work prior to handover to the client.
- Provide routine reports on project quality status and metrics to Corporate Quality Manager and Project Manager.
- Report Data on NCRs, audits, lessons learned
- Summarize data & review trends
- Ensure that subcontracts are aligned with prime contract specifications for Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Provide training and coaching to the project team on processes required in the CQP
- Work with production teams to ensure QA processes are being implemented
- Standard Work Instructions
- Ensure project QC inspections and documentation performed by the project team are in compliance with CQP, ITP, and contract requirements.
- QC inspection documentation (SWI & Benchmarks to match specs)
- Inspections are completed correctly and submitted within the specified time.
- Compliance with specifications, inspections, SWI, benchmarks.
- Compliance to contract and quality requirements.
- Documentation is uploaded to the HIVE and/or Client database in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Job Books are prepared and updated by the project team
- Verify Table of Contents is per contract requirements
- Perform routine random review of Job Books
- Ensure client reviews in accordance with the CQP
- Ensure that Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) are issued, reported, and closed by the project team
- Train on the identification of NCRs
- Train on documentation, Cause Mapping, and closure of all internal, client, and subcontractor NCRs
- Coordinate with Cost Manager on NCR’s and obtain final associated costs to report to Corporate Quality Manager and Project Manager.
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Conduct and record Lessons Learned
- Implement corporate Lessons Learned on projects
- Attends weekly coordination meetings with Corporate Quality Manager
- Follows safety, environmental, and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
- Environmental concepts
- Safety * Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- General construction
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) * Basic level of knowledge in:
- Sub-contractor and vendor management
- Fundamental concepts of
- Civil construction
- Electrical construction
- Mechanical construction
- HS Diploma or GED, some college preferred
- Civil, Electrical or Industrial Engineering Degree or equivalent experience (3 years’ experience).
- Minimum of 1 year of proven industrial experience performing QA/QC audits to complete the installation of large industrial/mechanical construction projects.
- Minimum of 1 year QA/QC audit experience is required within the Wind/Solar or Renewable Energy Industry.
- Current and valid driver license for the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a site based position.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Civil Aggregate Road Construction: 2 years (Required)
- Quality Process and Auditing on Construction Projects: 2 years (Required)
- Wind Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- Monolithic Concrete Structures and Rebar Inspection: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma