For over forty years Panorama Windows has specialized incustom-designed windows and doors for residential and commercial projects andhistoric renovations. We supply owners,architects, decorators and general contractors who live or work in MetropolitanNew York landmark buildings and luxury residential apartments with the finestand most desirable window and door products available. Our reputation in the industry is unmatchedand our commitment to total customer satisfaction is the yardstick by which wemeasure success. Full-service sales,engineering, manufacturing and installation, with accompanying support andservice staff enable us to complete any window replacement project with greatsuccess.
Panorama’s product portfolio includes an award-winningfiberglass casement window as well as top-of-the-line aluminum double hung andcasement window products by our manufacturing affiliate, Tempest Architectural Products,Inc. Each Tempest window is customcrafted with great care in our precision manufacturing facility. For additional information, please see Panorama Windows.
Tempestis seeking a highly talented and accomplished Plant Manager who brings results oriented experience in precisionand custom manufacturing, process improvement and excellence in managing adiverse workforce with leadership in best practices and quality initiatives tosupport the growth of our premier window company.
The Plant Manager reports directly to theChief Operating Officer and will be based in our manufacturing facility in theSouth Bronx, NY. This role has severaldirect reports.
- Manage the day-to-day manufacturing operations of all customized window and door products.
- Lead and develop staff of 30 firmly but with respect to deliver and exceed performance metrics in the routinization of quality control, customer service, cost containment, inventory management and facilitation of new product introductions.
- Effectively recruit and retain staff, creating an engaged, motivated team whose commitment to the Company and its products enhance the success of the organization.
- Lead best practices, process improvement and quality initiatives in the manufacturing operations.
- Act as the custodian and advocate for Panorama’s brand of window and door products. Assume responsibility for on-time delivery, quality consistency and cost containment.
- In partnership with R&D, support new product design initiatives.
- Ensure that proper procedures and practices, documentation, training and audits are in place and followed
- Maintain the manufacturing facility and equipment to the highest standards and be responsible for compliance with all health, safety and building code regulations.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the department and create recommendations to increase efficiency and productivity of staff, technology and the overall manufacturing operations based on analysis and interpretation of data.
- Promote a heightened awareness of safety and maintain an excellent safety record.
- Effectively work in partnership with lead people of sales, engineering, service, installation and finance.
- Effectively manage key direct reports and delegate responsibilities. Manage the resolution of work-related problems within the department and take disciplinary action as required within the context of policies and the organizational culture.
- Develop the annual departmental budget.
- Manage labor and production costs based on budgets and established objectives.
- Coordinate short-term and long-range scheduling with forecasted sales.
- Effectively manage the purchase of raw materials.
- Actively participate in management meetings.
- 10-12+ years of experience in manufacturing operations roles with 5+ years in senior manufacturing roles. Knowledge of customized precision manufacturing technology a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field. MA/MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is highly preferred.
- Budget and P&L experience.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Superb follow-through with outstanding judgment and positive attitude.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven track record of success in recruiting, managing and developing direct reports to improve their productivity and capabilities.
- Highly effective across functions in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer focused environment.
- Ability to absorb new information quickly and translate key points into positive outcomes.
- Excellent influencing, cooperation, and negotiation skills and the ability to use them appropriately.
- Experienced and effective in working in diverse environments.
- Results oriented and flexible; able to find a balance between business requirements, operational pressure of a growing company and the integrity of design, customer requirements, delivery and costs.
- Successful implementation of lean Six Sigma manufacturing initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a desire and proven ability to communicate with people at different knowledge levels.
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with special emphasis on Word, Access and Excel. Knowledge of Inventory Management a plus.
- Resilient and solutions driven.
PanoramaWindows is located in comfortable, modern offices in the South Bronx with ampleon-street parking, close to major highways, the RFK Bridge and #6 subway.Panorama offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dentalinsurance, holidays, sick and personal time, paid vacation time and otherbenefits. Compensation is commensuratewith experience and includes an annual performance bonus.
Job Type: Full-time