Verity Health System offers a dynamic environment for individuals dedicated to careers in health care - whether you seek a clinical or administrative role. Created in December 2015, the new Verity Health System team is working to revitalize our facilities to create a more welcoming, healing environment for our patients. We are investing in new technology to advance our delivery of safe, quality patient care. If you welcome the challenge of re-inventing healthcare for the patients we serve at our Verity Health hospitals and through our Verity Medical Foundation, this could be the opportunity for you. With more than 8,000 employees and physicians, Verity Health is a non-profit, non-religious health care system with 1,650 inpatient beds, six active emergency rooms and host of medical specialties including: orthopedics, transplant surgery, cardiology, maternal/child health and wound care, among other specialties. We are committed to the Verity Values of Caring, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Stewardship and the goal of serving our communities for generations to come.
The Eligibility and Enrollment Specialist is under the direction of the HBRC Supervisor and Director, the Eligibility and Enrollment Specialist is responsible for assisting patients with Government and County programs; coordinating, presenting, and promoting outreach, education, enrollment, and retention services for a variety of healthcare and nutrition programs; and assisting patients with Financial Assistance. This position requires extensive individual contact with patients at the hospital, including inpatients, outpatients, and emergency room. You will interact with multiple departments within the hospital and outside the hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- Conduct one-on-one screenings and assist customers with benefits coordination, continuity of care issues, eligibility assignment, and resolution of issues.
- Provide community resource referrals as needed.
- Complete responsibility for data entry activities, maintaining daily appointment schedules, and measuring results against scope of work goals.
- Prepare and update daily appointment schedule.
- Comply with all program related, department, and hospital regulations and safety standards.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of EMTALA, HIPAA, TJC, and Title 22 regulations.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of behaviors including fear, hostility and non-cooperation from all customers (physicians, patients, and hospital staff).
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast pace work environment.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) required.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.