EPIC Project Manager
New Position Featured Position
Information Technologies (HS) 8541
Full-time · Day shift · 8 hour shift
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 19 regional locations. Voted 5th most beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
Under minimal direction the Project Manager EPIC Implementation will plan, execute and finalize EPIC implementation and associated projects. The successful candidate will manage EPIC project, working within budget and meeting deadlines. The role will provide direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of EPIC implementation ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitment and goals.
Builds, schedules, coordinates and manages the EPIC EMR implementation for CTHS Enterprise. Works closely with University of Utah project PM. Maintains proactive knowledge of systems and applications infrastructure to facilitate development, design, and implementation project phases. Advises, troubleshoots, and makes recommendations with management and project teams on technical problems, need for equipment, and priorities. Acts as a liaison for CTHS with hospital departments, physician offices, vendors, and third party contacts. Evaluates data related to processes and workflow in an effort to identify areas of opportunity within the CTHS Enterprise.
· Bachelor degree in business, healthcare administration, technology, finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and progressive work experience in healthcare technology and/or financial services.
· Minimum of three (3) years Project Management experience in a healthcare environment
· At least (3) three years EPIC project management experience.
· Experience in transitioning an EMR in clinic and acute care environment.
· Knowledge in the following is preferred: Proficient MS Project Management, Visio, Word and Excel to include Pivot tables.
· Ability to determine the origin of business processing problems and to initiate corrective action.
· Strong understanding of enterprise application systems and Project Life Cycle
· PMP certification
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
· Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
· Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, kayaking, hunting and fishing
· Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
· We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping and home to the University of Nevada Reno.
· Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
· No State Income Tax
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth, Paid Time Off
· 100% Vested 401K & Roth with Company Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Referral Bonuses
· On Site Education & Certification Programs