Procurement Specialist/ Buyer
As the Procurement Specialist/ Buyer you will be responsible for buying parts for our large, innovative, automated machines: mechanical parts, bearings, couplings, gears,motors, pneumatic, springs, screws and electrical components of the best quality for the beat price and delivery. Forecasting annual demand, negotiating annual contracts or multi-year contracts on blanket purchase orders. Creating just in time delivery, kitting to ensure every machine is built on time with excellent quality done right the first time.
- Negotiation skills
- Detail orientation
- Strong work ethic
- Work with suppliers
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Results oriented
- Leveraging our buying power for maximum advantage:
- Long-term contracts based upon forecasts
- Always improving our terms with suppliers
- Driving cost reductions
- Generating cash on cash returns for just in time purchasing
- Continuously shopping for lowest cost, best delivery and best quality
- Implementing kitting by suppliers to support Just in time inventory
- Work with Inventory control to maximize part sales, best reorder points
- Drive for results.
- Take ownership to exceed internal customer requirements.
- Ensure internal customers (assembly, sub-assembly, parts, electrical) receive order confirmation including dates.
- Ensure long lead-times are always ordered in advance, stocked locally.
- Drive part sales by having the top selling parts always in stock. Help to achieve goal of shipping 90% of orders in one day.
- Developing and communicating business plans that maximize sales, margin dollars, margin percentage, and profitability based on current business trends.
- Developing and influencing vendor relationships in order to ensure the best prices, products, shipments and terms.
- Participate in recommending, setting and approving product pricing strategies to achieve specific margin objectives.
- 5 years of buying experience preferred. Includes experience in both high volume and high value categories
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or related degree from 4-year college or university preferred or:
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Play to win attitude.
- Results oriented.
- Wants to drive positive organizational change.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00/ hour depending upon experience.
Company benefits: Paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision and company matching 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour