McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support U.S. Navy HVAC systems. Duties will include:
- Provide engineering/technical support for shipboard ventilation systems in the areas of Condition Based Maintenance, distance support, In-Service Engineering (ISEA), and general HVAC support.
- Participate in technical meetings, testing events, ship inspections, training events, and design ship checks.
- Recommend improvements in design, operation, maintenance and safety for assigned systems and equipment.
- Development and review of technical documentation to include drawings, Ship Change Documents (SCDs), maintenance/test procedures, technical manuals, and other logistics documents.
- Assist other engineers, technicians and scientists in mechanical engineering assignments, and project management tasks for assigned projects.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to interpret technical documentation
Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Ability to travel as required (up to 30%)
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2-5 years of professional engineering experience preferred
Prior Navy systems experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.