Purpose of the job
To support the Group Sales & Conference Services Team by ensuring the successful organization and operation of the office administration and function. To work with the group sales team in order to support their objectives to seek out and maximize hotel revenue opportunities.
- To ensure the Group Sales Team are provided with accurate and effective administrative back up, support and information with which to carry out their roles successfully.
- To develop and maintain productive, service focused working relationships with external and internal customers, representing the company and becoming a known point of contact.
- To provide accurate, up to date information to appropriate internal contacts, responding to requests in a timely manner, and maintaining a working knowledge of the hotels products and services.
- To continually audit and review office management and administration systems, implementing improvements where necessary and keeping the office appropriately stocked with stationary at all times.
- To maintain an accurate Delphi database and updating contact information when necessary.
- To assist Group Sales team with input of inquiries, leads, activities in the Delphi system.
- To initiate an effective trace system with the Group Sales Managers for incoming leads.
- To develop and utilize a working knowledge of accounts and territories in which they are operated by the account managers, assisting with the development of and preparing proposals as required.
- To manage the Delphi and associated software systems, ensuring operating procedures and standards are met and new staff trained in their operation.
- To provide account management support when Sales Managers are out of the hotel including but not limited to: checking email, informing Sales Managers of any customer issues, and partnering with the Sales Managers regarding all Group related responsibilities.
- Prepare sales contracts, proposals as directed by Group Sales Team while adhering to deadlines.
- Load leads and log responses in Starcite, Cvent, & Meeting Broker, as directed by Group Sales Team
- Conduct site inspections of the hotel when required
- Record group block pick-up activities and keep clients updated regarding their room block status as directed by the Conference Services Managers.
- To have a personal impact, taking responsibility and using initiative to resolve issues.
- To approach tasks orderly, when tenacity and determination, completing work to the required standard within the deadlines agreed.
- To maintain a high level of professionalism in dealings with customers.
- To be motivated, committed and enthusiastic, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements.
- To maintain team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the support of department goals.
- Additional responsibilities and/or special assignments may be required at the request of hotel management.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
- 2 year degree minimum.
- At least one year hotel experience.
- Good organization skills.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the Service industry.
- Highly motivated and energized.
- Strong creative thinking abilities, an ideas person that can articulate opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and local language ID deemed necessary.
- Use written (verbal/visual) sources of information, e.g. read reports, procedural documentation, and references materials.
- Use non-verbal/visual sources of information, e.g. reference graphs, tables.
- Perform detailed work requiring visual acuity, e.g. repair electronic equipment.
- Use verbal auditory sources of information, e.g. interviews, group meetings.
- Use oral communication to perform work, e.g. answer telephone, receive visitors.
- Digital dexterity, e.g. using computer keyboard, typewriter.
- Stand, sit, reach, grasp, lift/carry, walk, climb, kneel, squat, bend, push/pull.
- Make decisions requiring limited judgment, e.g. task sequencing, filing, and sorting mail.
- Make decisions in the absence of specific directions, e.g. prioritizing workload.
- Perform activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g. designing, and planning work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Regular attendance and conformance with the standards, which may be established by the Langham Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry employees may be required to work varying, schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to comply fully with Langham Hotel rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Terms of employment
. Full time