Job Title: Oracle DBA/Production Support
Location : Dallas, TX
Job type: Contract
Oracle 11G OR 12C certification is Must
- Successful candidate will have: 5-7+ years’ experience of Database Administration, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support of 11G & 12c Databases.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and Preferred industry related certifications. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Oracle 11g & 12c RAC (ASM) on Linux and Unix shell scripting (a must). Should have good experience in installation, configuration, upgrading and patching of Oracle server software and related products.
- Experience on Exadata with Oracle’s Physical or logical Data Guard standby databases, Data Guard Broker, golden gate, DR exercise.
- Experience with Backup and Recovery methodologies and tools (RMAN preferred) Familiar with working in a PCI, ISOC/SOX complaint environments with policies and procedures.
- Experience with Oracle database performance, resource consumption and tuning (AWR, ASH & ADDM reports, explain plans, Optimizer concepts, profiles, Locks, wait events, 11g & 12c Advisors).
- Experience in Oracle database encryption with TDE, Wallets and key rotation with OKV. Strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support and administration to all corporate databases. Works closely with developers, IT staff, and users to provide technical support, maintenance, and logistical support to production and test systems.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and support of enterprise databases.
- Works with application developers to support the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of new programs and systems.
- Provides support for production application systems, the information warehouse, and business intelligence systems.
- Provides installation/configuration, performance tuning, backup/recovery, partitioning strategies, and automation techniques.
- Develops database monitoring, operational processes and procedures/standards that will continually improve the operation of the whole environment.
- Works with a team of technical and business specialists to spec, design, and construct new solutions that meet the growing business needs of the company.
- In compliance with regulatory requirements, moves software code from test to production environment. Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Job Type: Contract