At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a HVAC-Technical Support Specialist to join our dynamic team in Farmers Branch, TX as part of the Commercial Air-conditioning Aftermarket Operations Team!
As part of the LG Air Solutions team, provide first contact via phone and email fielding sales support requests from HVAC contractors, end users, Applied Rep partners, Manufacturer’s rep partners, MVP rep partners and LGEUS sales staff. In our Aftermarket Call Center, provide pre-sales and post-sales phone and email support through the LG Legacy and MVP hotlines, including pre-installation support, installation support, commissioning support and aftermarket support of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Commercial Air Conditioning equipment. Manage Sales opportunities from conception to sale by providing all required information, engineering data, design assistance, and equipment selection to drive higher sales closing rates. On the post sales side, manage incoming cases to include full post sales technical support driving issue from report to resolution, improving the customer Post-Sales experience.
- Provide pre and post sales technical support via telephone, web and email
- Upon request, provide information such as submittal drawings, wiring diagrams, capacity tables, piping recommendations, or other information as published in LG Comercial Air Condidtioning equipment literature
- Installation and Operations manual interpretation
- Engineering manual interpretation
- Submittal assistance
- Service and Operations manual interpretation
- Assist callers with application and troubleshooting of Multi V (VRF) and DFS equipment
- LGMV data interpretation
- Log all calls in CRM to track information by customer, model number,and project
- Escalate case to field personnel as required
- Follow up on customer inquiries to ensure job completion and job satisfaction
- Update technical knowledge database as time allows
- Train/assist Jr. Technical Specialists
- Perform other related job duties as assigned
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the HVAC field or in a technical support role, VRF experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with diverse client group.
- Ability to troubleshoot in depth service issues via phone including Electrical, Compressors, Motors and Refrigeration
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to read and edit technical drawings/prints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients and customers.
- Ability to work in a technically dominated environment: engineering, contracting and construction
- trades and able to absorb and commit technical information to knowledge quickly.
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Well-developed planning, organization, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Proficient computer skills, such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to produce clear, timely and concise documentation and have well developed problem solving skills.
- Required regularly to sit, talk, and listen.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to pick up, handle or feel and reach with arms.
- Ability to read and analyze written information on a computer terminal. Close vision and the ability to adjust focus are necessary.
- Must be able to travel on business occasionally or work beyond normal work hours as necessary.
- Must be able to lift boxes and/or equipment of up to 30 pounds.
- Working Conditions –noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- VRF technology: 5 years (Preferred)
- Call Center: 5 years (Preferred)
- large systems (100+ ton): 5 years (Preferred)
- Commercial HVAC: 7 years (Required)