Medical Assistant/X-Ray Tech
FL: Orange County
TBD (Pay is commensurate with experience)
About the Position
Care First Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic, LLC is currently seeking full-time, experienced, energetic and enthusiastic Medical Assistant/X-Ray Techs with an interest and experience working in urgent care, family medicine, or emergency medicine to join our expanding team in Orange and Osceola counties.
Care First Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic, LLC offers you the opportunity to utilize all of your medical skills, while still providing an amazing work-life balance. As a provider-centered facility, you are able to practice medicine in an environment where patient care is your only focus.
We offer competitive pay with incentive opportunities.
Requirements for the position:
- Valid Florida Medical License (X-Ray)
- MAs certified as Registered Medical Assistants by AMT or as Certified Medical Assistants by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- BLS and or PALS Certified
- 1+ Years of Experience
- Experience working in an emergency department or urgent care setting preferred
- Comfortable & Able to Treat All Ages
- Ability to do Procedures (Blood draw, injections, assist with and remove staples, assist with minor surgical excisions)
About Our Company
Care First Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic, LLC is an expanding medical care network looking to add talent to our medical team. Our team holds itself to the highest standard in providing exceptional high-quality service to our patients. Our goal is to achieve an excellent reputation throughout the communities we now call home. Our patients expect excellence, and our team works together to ensure they receive it.
Our team members are our number one asset, and we take care of our team members, providing a professional and “working TOGETHER” atmosphere. We believe in growing the future leaders of our company internally.
We hire you for the KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS on your resume/C.V., and we are looking for people with the best skills in their field. However, we also know skills can only take you so far. Since customer service is at the center of everything we do, the most important attribute you can have is a great attitude . To stay on a career path with us, you must bring a great attitude, a sense of humor, and a smile to work daily and always interact with others in a positive way.
The IDEAL candidate has these qualities:
- Energy & Enthusiasm * Reliable & Accountable * Self Starter & Team Player * Customer Service Oriented * Committed to Learning & Growing * Great Follow Through * A See it. Own It. Solve it. Do It! Attitude
Our expectation of all our team members is as follows:
- Interact with EVERYONE with the highest levels of respect. * Continually ask, “What else can I do?” * Strive to be above average and expect the same from team members. * Foster a “what’s best for the group” mentality. * Be a solution creator instead of a problem generator.
Our team motto is:
- Do the Right Thing 2. Do the Best You Can 3. Show Others that You Care
Our company culture embodies all of the above.
We are looking for team members with a desire to work in a fun environment and a willingness to live with these principles. We understand some people may not enjoy giving 110% to their career every single day, growing as individuals through a commitment to learning something new daily, and working in an environment that encourages respect and a commitment to excellence. That is why we say we only hire the best. At Care First Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic, LLC, we are a team, and teams are only as strong as their weakest links. We are looking for the best and strongest links to add to our chain of success.
If you have a desire to be held to not only our standards of accountability but also to the high standards you have already set for yourself we encourage you to apply for this position now.
Now hiring Medical Assistant/X-Ray Techs to join our team!
Full-time Positions available.
Primary responsibilities are as follows: Triage patients, assist provider with patient care, this position also serves as a medical assistant.
- Take Patients to Exam Rooms
- Patient Vitals (Temp, Pulse ox, BP, Weight)
- Document in computer patient histories and chief complaint, Entering medical information, and medication refills in EMR
- Prepare patients for exams and procedures, including positioning, draping
- Assist with exams and procedures
- Placing leads and performing EKG’s
- Performing ear lavages
- Removing sutures/staples
- Administering breathing treatments
- Performing visual acuities
- Collecting and labeling urine and stool specimens
- Drawing blood and obtaining any other specimens ordered by provider
- Running all lab work (CBC, CMP, BMP, Lipids, SOB, Urinalysis, Influenza, Strep Screen, HcG, RSV and Mono)
- Splint application
- Prepare and clean exam rooms for next use
- Proper disposal of biohazard waste
- Measuring for crutches and teaching crutches use
- Assist with prescriptions
- Assists with phone duties
- Scanning/Uploading documents
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment, maintain equipment and logs, and ensure all supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- OSHA and HIPAA compliance
- Performing and processing x-rays, ensure that the patient has removed all jewelry and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is not pregnant. Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging procedures
- . Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Process images and review for proper identification and quality control.
- Utilize digital diagnostic imaging equipment, ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques and all Urgent Care policies and procedures.
- Prepare images for reading by physician as well as contact any additional physicians if a second opinion is needed.
- Aid physician with prescribed patient treatments in accordance with approved standards, policies, procedures and protocol as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe, efficient, accurate and pleasant work environment.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Email your current Resume and license/certification info
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent