The Software Development Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes to successfully maintain and enhance the company’s software product. The manager will ensure that customer requests and feature development efforts are completed on schedule and keep clients and team members updated on priorities and release plans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise and mentor software developers; responsible for their management, evaluation, and career development.
- Coordinate with customer-facing project managers to prioritize work for various internal and external customers.
- Allocate resources to support requests and address issues.
- Hire new team members.
- Develop and communicate workflow processes and improvements to ensure completion of work on schedule and communicate progress internally and externally as needed.
- Track and report on department work in billable categories.
- Connect with staff to understand and support product and company culture.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years of development management experience
- Experience building teams and leading them to successful product delivery
- Experience building customer relationships
- Experience with JIRA or similar ticket system
- Knowledge of VB.Net and/or SQL a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and well organized
- Excellent leadership, communication, prioritization, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of healthcare field, particularly insurance plans and claims processing, or a similarly regulated environment a plus
- General office environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- * development management: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply