Medline's continued growth (51 out of 52 years of double digit growth!) has resulted in an exciting new addition to our Information Services team.
This position will be based in our Mundelein, IL office.
Medline is seeking an application developer, or security specialist, to spearhead the expansion and maturation of our application security program. You will play a key role in partnering with application development teams to drive secure coding practices, requirements, and remediation for new and existing development efforts. The focus will be on ensuring that applications and websites developed at Medline are developed and deployed in a secure manner while expanding the Application Security program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role you will be a pivotal in driving secure coding efforts including but not limited to code reviews, project security reviews, penetration testing support and application scanning processes. You will be part of the application development process, meeting with project teams to communicate and remediate security vulnerabilities. You will partner with application developers to keep Medline secure while helping us grow!
- Define and communicate secure coding standards and best practices for developers, analysts and architects
- Develop application security scanning and mitigation/remediation practices that integrate with our DevOps solutions
- Participate in projects and assessments on security risks
- Create and deliver reports and metrics for identified security deficiencies
Qualified candidates must have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of development experience building applications with Java or .NET
- A passion for learning and developing a specialization in the field of application security
- Ability to self-motivate and train and apply new learnings in a fast paced and changing environment
Desired, but not required, academic & Professional Qualification
- Experience with static and dynamic application security testing (SAST/DAST)
- Experience with code scanning tools and methodologies, such as Fortify, WhiteHat, Burp, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience with delivering secure coding standards, developer education, integration/automation of code analysis (CI/CD).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $12 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” and once again named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.