Port City Logistics is looking for General Laborers.
- Order Picking– Efficiently pull and prepare (pick) customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Assemble various types of merchandise for shipment. Carry or transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms, sometimes with material handling equipment. Stencil, tag, or mark orders as requested. Perform these picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Repack– Repack and weigh any orders that require such handling when necessary. Report quality variances and handle the sub-standard product as requested.
- Quality– Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances and handle the sub-standard product as requested.
- Inventory– Conduct physical inventories as required. Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Loading– Safely and efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into containers (rail cars or trailers), box trucks, flatbeds, and/or personal vehicles.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- General Labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift