The SBA Underwriter evaluates the overall risk of borrowers using an established process and criteria in order to assist the Bank in making sound lending decisions.
- BS, BBA, or BA in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or other related field, or the equivalent in experience as an Underwriter in the SBA Lending Industry.
- Three or more years SBA Underwriting Experience REQUIRED.
- Working knowledge of SBA SOP, USDA Programs and 7a/504 program guidelines.
- Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the above minimum requirements.
Atlanta (Sandy Springs/Cumberland area), GA
Local candidates only
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (particularly in mathematics).
- Strong financial analysis skills. Must be able to interpret and analyze income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Excellent intra-organizational communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must be able to effectively analyze, consolidate, and communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinking ability.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent computer and internet skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Moody’s or similar spread program, Adobe Acrobat, and various web browsers.
- Established ability in meeting deadlines and prioritizing work in an organized manner.
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending and all banking regulations where applicable.
Specific Job Functions:
- Analyze credit data, financial statements, and tax returns.
- Pull and review client records and informational reports.
- Prepare and present credit packages for management and committees.
- Aggregate large amounts of data and information from varied sources into clear and concise reports.
- Assemble, record, and store all credit file data (either electronically or written) in an accessible and organized manner.
- Participate in routine aging review meetings.
- Underwrite conventional commercial or construction loans on occasion when called upon.
- Assist all team members when necessary to meet the borrower expectations and Bank goals.
- Understand GBC Credit Guidelines and core values.
Our Core Values:
- We promise only what we intend to deliver.
- We deliver what we promise.
- We require honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We “own” problems and display teamwork. “It’s not my job” is not in our vocabulary.
- We feel a sense of urgency in all matters related to our customers.
- We are fair and even-handed in our dealing with others.
- We treat others the way we wish to be treated.
- We value the individual. We give them the respect, responsibility and support to be their best.
- We build our business on relationships that are beneficial to both parties. One sided relationships do not endure.
Compensation & Benefits Information:
- Competitive base pay plus incentive package
- Life, STD, LTD & AD&D
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- SBA Underwriting: 3 years (Required)