As the Spa Director, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. This individual is responsible for directing all aspects of spa operations. The Spa Director also has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations - utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates and manages property r spa staff to ensure proper staffing and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities and meet departmental objectives.
- Develops, prepares and implements strategic department budget guidelines and goals ensuring proper planning and efficient operation of departments.
- Ensures departmental standards, guidelines and objectives are met.
- Researches, negotiates, and specifies merchandise to be sold in spa.
- Monitors and evaluates retail outlets to ensure that customer needs are met and that retail shops are operating on a profitable basis.
- Monitors inventories to ensure an acceptable level based upon historical seasonal sales records.
- Recommends the price for each product based upon gross margin guidelines to ensure profitability of retail shops according to objectives.
- Develops, creates and authorizes merchandise displays that will lead to improved sales.
- Conducts periodic inventories of merchandise and equipment in accordance with prescribed schedules; prepares required reports and acts as a liaison with other departments to ensure Nemacolin is employing the latest merchandising and spa techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field and five (5) years’ experience in Spa Management or an equivalent combination of formal training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform all duties of the position.
- Knowledge of the management and operations of a world-class spa.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Independently initiates, follows-up on, and complete assignments as well as special projects.
- Knowledge of financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.