Company’s Mission Statement
Natures Care Company is a medical cannabis company operating in full compliance with state and local law.
Overview of Position
The Dispensary Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the dispensary by overseeing and directing all day-to-day operations, including overseeing all Team Leads and Member Liaisons.
This position’s primary functions are to lead and oversee the work of employees in our company. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all matters business. They will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture and ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service skills, a problem solving attitude, strong desire for self-improvement, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and management abilities, and solid administrative/clerical and time management skills. The Dispensary Manager is also responsible for working with our parent company Acreage Holdings on implementation of future strategies and upholding the mission and values of the company at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Dispensary Manager include total oversight of all dispensary operations, financial reporting, maintaining collaborative relationship with the State of IL regulators (IDFPR), ensuring compliance and protecting the investment of the investors. The DM is also responsible for scheduling and overseeing the day-to-day duties of all personnel, interacting with, educating; record-keeping; monitoring inventory and cash management; interacting with local service providers; and helping to maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming facility inside and out. Fosters an environment by coaching personnel to deliver a superior level of customer service, both in person and on the phone our patients/customers.
- Consistently models professionalism; serves as a role model to dispensary staff during periods of high stress and ambiguity
- Maintains highest level of compliance at all times and ensures all proper legal and Company policies and procedures are strictly followed
- Evaluates dispensary processes with Dispensary Operations Manager to ensure maximum efficiency
- Becomes a subject matter expert; assists members and coaches Member Liaisons to both advise and educate members on the safe dosage and other aspects of the medicine
- Diffuses difficult situations and ensures issues are resolved to the member’s satisfaction while upholding company standards
- Approaches difficult conversations with employees and uses diplomacy in human resources issues; requests guidance from senior management when handling delicate employee relations situations
- Maintains a clean, safe, and welcoming environment inside and outside the facility; has a high attention to detail and regularly reviews facility needs and communicates them to the appropriate parties
- Attends at least one community outreach event per quarter; is a brand ambassador, both during and outside of regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs additional duties assigned by the Dispensary Operations Regional
Responsible for oversight of the Accounting Staff and daily operation of the Company’s accounting, financial and for significant contributions to the formulation, implementation, and administration of corporate-wide policies and business goals.
- Oversees inventory and cash management, daily and weekly, including regular bank deposits; responsible for training Agents in Charge on proper cash handling and inventory management
- Supervise Company’s financial records on all company transactions.
- Handles cash flow management/bank transaction supervision, reconciliations
- Manages deposits/ transactions/ reporting for operating accounts when required,
- Supervise preparation of check runs
- Track, process, and maintain payroll records and group benefits in cooperation with payroll company and Acreage Holdings HR Manager and/or other vendors and other Human Resource related duties as necessary.
- Coordinate monthly financial closing.
- Analyze Inventory variances.
- Monitors Department policies and procedures and recommends improvements, consults with the Senior Management team, participates in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives, and serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. Maintain effective financial controls for the organization. (when required)
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Coordinate dialogue between finance department and other departments to improve processes and other company’s assets.
- Completes special accounting projects as assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in a fast-paced client-service intensive industry – medical cannabis dispensary and/or retail background preferred
- 2+ years experience in a management role (building and leading a team to success; lead by example)
- Computer & equipment operations necessary for running an office/retail center (POS systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems). Knowledge of BioTrackTHC a plus.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, and particularly Excel; and have knowledge of Accounting, Inventory, and Manufacturing software. Experience with NetSuite is a plus but not required.
- Thorough understanding of how to achieve results in a highly compliant environment
- Arithmetic necessary for basic inventory and cash management
- Familiarity with history and varieties of medical cannabis preferred but not required
- Ability to manage a diverse team
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in performing job duties in a fast-paced environment with the ability to stay even keeled in periods of stress and still deliver quality work within tight deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Must have strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proactivity, flexibility, adaptability, and multi-tasking
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical conduct; absolute reliability and integrity
- Outstanding phone, email, and in-person customer service skills/etiquette
- Skilled in accurate cash management and inventory control
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize with focus and attention to detail
- Illinois state resident
- Must pass a drug test and background check (state mandated)
- Must be 21 years of age or older
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of an employee in this position. NCC, LLC reserves the right to require that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development). NCC, LLC also reserves the right to revise this job description.
I have read this job description and I am able to perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- dispensary or cultivation: 1 year