- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Office
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Function at all times as a Pre-IL team member effectively implementing the policies and procedures of the treatment milieu.
- Actively assist young adults to reach goals by listening, teaching and counseling.
- Insure young adults are made aware of Boys & Girls Haven (BGH) rules and consequences for infractions, allowing them the opportunity to explain behavior before consequences are given.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and conduct or participate in group and individual meetings with clients to teach specific skills regarding problem solving, living, special projects and basic life skills.
- Record significant events and/or daily documentation into BGH data base(s).
- Conduct safety inspections and drills; explain to clients all emergency procedures and insure procedures are followed in case of emergency.
- Insure apartments are clean, neat and in good repair.
- Transport clients in agency vehicles.
- Ensure through teaching, monitoring and modeling that appropriate hygiene expectations are met. Make certain medical, dental and mental health appointments are made and kept (transporting if needed), and noted in clients chart (in accordance with licensing and agency standards).
- Ensure medications are ordered in a timely manner to ensure medication administration is compliant with physicians orders; dispense medications as directed on the Medication Administration Record.
- Relevant college course work, preferably BS/BA in Human Services field. High school diploma/GED required.
- At least six months of direct service experience with at-risk young adults (ages 18 to 21), preferably in a residential treatment program environment preferred.
- Candidates with six months are more relevant experience given first priority.
- Personal accountability and professionalism to work in a team model, including the flexibility and willingness to fill in for other team members when needed.
- Must have basic word processing skills with competency required to successfully use Microsoft Office products and appropriate agency databases.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Boys & Girls Haven is seeking a PRN Youth Counselor to pick up overnight shifts in their Pre-Independent Living program. There is opportunity for up to 29.5 hours per week for several weeks.
About Boys & Girls Haven
Our Mission Statement:
We shelter, heal and teach struggling young people to become productive and healthy members of our community.
Boy & Girls Haven is a private non-profit agency, nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and dedicated to serving victims of abuse, abandonment, and/or neglect. We serve clients from across Kentucky through the main campus in the Louisville metropolitan area and several satellite offices around the state. While our services have expanded over the years, the goal since our beginning has been to provide every child we serve with a home, a family, a community and a future. Since 1950, Boys & Girls Haven has touched the lives of more than 5,000 vulnerable and forgotten children.
Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Other
This is a PRN (part-time) position and has no benefits.
The schedule is as follows:
10p-10:30a (Sunday morning)
10p-8:30a (Monday morning)
12:00a (technically Tuesday morning) until 8:30a
10p-8:30a (Wednesday morning)
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Valid drivers license and insurability by BGHs insurance carrier required.
At BGH, we value teamwork. To meet departmental and organizational goals, the employee is expected to assist with activities that are not formal parts of the essential functions of the role.
Training is a mixture of classroom and on-the-job training, Monday - Friday for at least two weeks. Class room training is typically 9 AM - 2 PM.
No phone calls, please.