Position: Cannabis Retail Associate/ Budtender
Salary range: $16-18 per hour plus tips
Company Overview: Mary Alice is building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the city of Corona and all who visit our store. We recognize that our employees are at the center of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes our core values: Our employees come from a wide range of retail backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table as we work together to continue our incredible growth. If you are interested in partaking in the journey of building a nationally recognized and leading brand, we want to hear from you!
Position Overview: Budtenders are the key to a positive and inviting customer experience and hold influence on whether those customers will return. The Budtender must be able to listen attentively, assess the needs of the customer and be able to educate and/or guide the customer on the benefits and differences of our products. They must be able to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service. A successful Budtender should be able to provide product suggestions, meet or exceed company standards, achieve sales goals and meet or exceed or customers’ expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check customers' ID to verify legal age; demonstrate excellent communication skills and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Guide and direct customers in their cannabis purchasing journey; advise them on cannabis products based on their preferences, needs, and budget.
- Answer customer questions and concerns; ensure that they are well-informed and leave the store satisfied with their purchases.
- Process customers' payments via point of sale system; ensure compliance in all transactions.
- Meet and exceed sales goals; maintain a regular inventory of products and ensure that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- Assist with opening/closing of store and other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a Livescan background check
- Previous experience in a customer service based selling environment
- Previous experience in cannabis preferred, but not necessary. Must have a passion and interest in cannabis.
- Reliability and flexibility in schedule a must. Weekends required.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person