RN Supervisor 3pm - 11pm
Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day management of Brookdale’s nursing staff within assigned community.
1. Participates in developing, maintaining and updating written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the assigned Nursing Unit. Ensures Nursing Department’s Procedure Manuals contain all revisions and updates. Ensures that the staff assigned has been trained on any revisions or updates.
2. Assists Director of Nursing (DON) in developing methods for coordinating nursing with other resident services to ensure the continuity of resident care.
3. Ensures nursing personnel are in compliance with duties outlined in his/her job description and state/federal regulations. Assists the DON in developing current and comprehensive departmental job descriptions. Ensures that reference materials are current.
4. Makes daily rounds to ensure all personnel are performing work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report findings to the DON.
5. Reviews nursing notes for completeness; makes sure they are descriptive of the nursing care being provided and reflect the resident’s response to the care.
6. Monitors medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure medications are being administered as ordered and treatments are provided as scheduled. Authorizes the use of restraints when necessary and in accordance with the company’s established policies and procedures.
7. Performs administrative duties directed by DON, including completion of medical forms, reports, charting, etc.
8. Participates in surveys and inspections made by authorized government agencies.
9. Participates in the development, implementation, and updating of the departmental Quality Assurance Program. Participates in the development, implementation and updating of a comprehensive Residents’ Discharge Plan. Serves as Discharge Planning Coordinator.
10. In the absence of the DON, serves and participates in, and attends various committees as assigned. Assists the DON in evaluating and implementing recommendations from established committees.
11. Assists the DON in determining departmental staffing needs with recruiting, training, etc.; ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained. Assists in developing and implementing departmental organization structure.
12. Participates in the development, planning, conducting and scheduling of in-service training classes that provide instruction on nursing protocols, and state/federal regulations; ensures a well-educated staff.
13. Assists in the development and implementation of a nursing orientation program for new staff to the department.
14. Participates in interviewing and selecting residents for admission. Informs staff of new admissions, their expected arrival, room assignment and other related information. Greets new residents upon arrival.
15. Provides DON with information relative to nursing needs of the residents.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or higher level of education. Minimum of two to three years progressive supervisory and management experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements:
FL State Registered Nursing License.
Job Type: Full-time