This exciting position is responsible for the operation of all hardware and end-use software for the Brooklyn Park location. This includes planning, implementing, maintaining, administering and monitoring all hardware and software, backups, VPN, network security, infrastructure and devices including but not limited to routers, firewalls, switches, servers, printers, laptops, workstations, wireless terminals, cell phones, phone systems, security systems and applications. Sounds like a lot? It is, luckily you will also be responsible for working with a small team of highly skilled individuals to accomplish all of this, so being a team player is a must-have skill!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide end user support 1st & 2nd level helpdesk support roughly 50% of the day.
- Day to day server management – File, Print, SQL, Exchange Email, Domain Controllers.
- Assist in management of all network hardware and equipment including HP Servers, Fortinet firewalls, HP ProCurve switches, and wireless routers in LAN / WAN environment.
- ERP system experience and CNC Machine Shop Floor Automation a plus.
- Setup and create test lab environments to support business justifications a plus
- Manufacturing, inventory, warehouse & distribution experience is a plus.
- IT experience in a medical device environment with regulatory a plus
- LAN / WAN integration a plus
- CAD / CAM Software (Creo, Esprit, Gibbs, SolidWorks, etc) in a CNC Machine Shop with DNC environment a plus
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software and peripheral devices. Create trouble tickets and handle support calls.
- Administer and perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform bare metal server installations.
- Create and deploy virtual machines via Hyper-V.
- Manage, monitor and resolve performance problems with Hyper-V VM's and hosts.
- Network device management: Manage router and switch configurations: install, configure and deploy switches and firewalls across multiple subnets and VLANs.
- Manage and deploy windows updates via WSUS a plus.
- Manage and create workstation images via Windows Deployment Services a plus.
- Conduct research and provide opinions on new services/equipment/products for deployment within the company.
- Practice asset management and related documentation and technical specifications information as requested.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Manage and monitor the managed backup service. Perform recovery when needed.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network and system improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Create and log vendor support calls and assist with trouble resolution.
- Must be available to occasionally work nights and weekends for maintenance and system upgrades.
- VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and Remote Desktop experience deploying legacy Windows XP a plus
- Must be available for on call support.
- BA or 2 year technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience.
- 5+ years of experience supporting and administrating Windows servers and Windows XP, Windows 7 & 10 workstations.
- 5+ years of Active Directory experience.
- 3+ years of Hyper-V experience; clustered environments preferred.
- 5+ years of hands on and over the phone troubleshooting experience.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have HP Procurve experience.
- iSCSI and Fibre Channel and SAN experience preferred.
- Microsoft SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Must have a positive attitude, be approachable, friendly and have a good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present technical concepts and ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- SaaS Private Cloud
- IT Technical School, Associate, Microsoft Certifications are a plus, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Windows Server LAN/WAN Environment: 3 years
- Microsoft Exchange Server: 2 years (High Availability is a plus)
- SaaS Private Cloud
- Virtual Machine Environment Hyper-V
- Active Directory: 5 years