Atterro Workforce Solutions offers this exciting contract opportunity at a global leader in electronics, mobile devices and appliances located in Plano, TX.
The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology & products. The dynamic culture at Samsung offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
We are looking for a 4G and 5G Air interface Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carriers and UE vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product validation methods, feature validation, customer review sessions for UEs capable of 3G, 4G and 5G Air interface and Call Processing technologies.
- Analyzing and executing CTIA and GCF tests plans for 3G, 4G and 5G wireless technologies
- Perform detailed analysis of 3G, 4G & 5G Wireless Protocols
- Maintain network lab equipment keeping in a high state of operation
- Perform regression testing with various UEs capable of 3G, 4G and 5G wireless technologies
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues with lab setup and configuration
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan
- Works closely with various UE vendors and maintain good relationships
- Draft professional test reports to be provided to customers at the completion of testing
- Validation expert in air-interface protocols with a strong knowledge of end-to-end networks and working in a network environment
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Good understanding of 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence etc .
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Good knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 4-6 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 5+ years’ experience is preferred
The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple test projects. Work independently in determining ones personal work schedule to be productive. Work in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames. Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems. The ability to utilize implied knowledge of task alternatives and to make spontaneous decisions using past experience and the guidance and/or successful experiences of others. Demonstrated ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations. Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements.
Work is generally performed in lab environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel is unlikely but possible. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.
Atterro talent working with this client receive competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off plus more!