Position Summary: Performs various functions and activities relating to packaging, drug distribution, ordering, inventory, and billing.
Pay Grade: 41 Minimum Qualifications: 100.00% - 1. Four (4) years of related experience in the health field with an advanced knowledge of medicine, Shelby County Health Department and related agencies; and graduation from an accredited high school or possess a GED; OR
2. Three (3) years of related experience in the health field with an advanced knowledge of medicine, Shelby County Health Department and related agencies; and one (1) year college study (30 semester hours or 36 quarters).
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. Experience in mathematics, biological sciences, pharmacy and/or health care preferred.
5. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Fills drug orders while maintaining appropriate legal and departmental records; computes and records clinic charges, and credits clinics for returned or unused drugs.
2. Interprets and performs order entry functions in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
3. Packages and appropriately labels all dosage forms used in the pharmacy by using appropriate pharmacy packaging, counting, and labeling equipment.
4. Maintains a safe and orderly arrangement of pharmaceuticals and supplies in the pharmacy area assigned, and maintains a clean and neat work area. Cleans and maintains all pharmacy related equipment.
5. Maintains perpetual inventory of pharmaceuticals, supplies, and stores under proper conditions and security. Orders supplies and stocks shelves and bins as necessary.
6. Orders and receives daily drug shipment notifying Pharmacist of any discrepancies in price or quantity, and transports to appropriate sites where necessary.
7. Assists Pharmacist with monthly Clinic Drug Inspections.
8. Serves as intermediary between Pharmacy, Health Department Clinics, and Community Health Clinics.
9. Prepares monthly Pharmacy Interdepartmental Billing Statement by program and clinic site, sending reports to appropriate personnel.
10. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: KSAs and Others - 1. Knowledge of brand names of drugs and their generics.
2. Knowledge of routes of administration of medications.
3. Familiarity with the metric system and how it applies to drugs, (i.e., mg. strengths, drug concentrations).
4. Knowledge of appropriate use of pharmaceutical references, basic drug groups, (their indications and contraindications for usage and side effects), pharmacy laws (e.g., child proof caps), and, need for appropriate auxiliary labels.
5. Ability to pre-package and label medication.
6. Ability to provide timely delivery of medications.
7. Ability to maintain vaccine inventory. Special Requirements: 1. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver"s license or secure one by date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
3. Must pass a criminal history background check.
4. Must have and maintain a valid Tennessee Pharmacy Technician License. $2,299.25 Monthly - Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education