Maintains inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items for all divisions; securing warehouse; and creates reporting to help in reducing costs and controlling inventory. Candidate must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.
- A hands-on warehouse associate that will oversee all warehouse operations daily.
- Develop and implement all departmental assignments and schedules to ensure operational efficiency while meeting all corporate goals.
- Produce inventory reports on a routine basis and distribute to appropriate manager.
- Efficient shipping/receiving practices and proper storage of all products and parts.
- Safety plan and related training requirements for warehouse staff.
- Fosters a team environment through corporate, management team and field employees; including confer and coordinating activities based upon departmental needs.
- Develop and maintain digital items record for all incoming and outgoing materials, tools, etc. and document necessary information and utilize reports to control inventory throughout the warehouse.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space, adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Secures warehouse and all inventory in designated staging areas by ensuring all locks are secure, turning on/off alarms; testing systems.
- Oversees and delegates assignments to optimize labor effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinates fleet vehicle returns/exchanges, maintains inventory of all fleet vehicles, inspects all vehicles that are returned and/or exchanged for internal, external and basic engines tests for damage and notifies appropriate managers same day; prepares vehicles (setup according to functional position) for new hire orientation or current employees transitioning into a new role.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly fleet inspections of all vehicles housed in the warehouse, including duly truck, flatbed truck, and officer’s vehicles. Responsible to submit monthly inspection of all vehicles described in this bullet.
- Performs a variety of other tasks and/or projects as needed or required.
- Maintain and prioritize assigned tasks via the Purchasing Manager requested by varying members of management to ensure demands are met. This should be maintained in a central location (i.e. whiteboard)
- Sweep parking lot for any trash (nails, sharp objects, etc.).
- Swap out light bulbs in both offices and warehouse as needed.
- Organize pallets.
- End of day make sure building is secure (smoking area door locked and including all staging/cage areas).
- End of day parking lot clear of company vehicles/trailer/equipment.
- Respond to after hour requests to access building (always verify with Manager before proceeding).
- Receiving incoming shipments/packages - deliver packing slips to purchasing / project managers then advise them of where shipment is staged in warehouse.
- High school diploma required.
- Must have UPS/Fed-Ex and LTL Freight experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in warehouse environment.
- Internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Workflow and process driven.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations.
- Must be forklift certified.
- Must have working knowledge of inventory control processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with computers and spreadsheet software (MS Office).
SPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans for yourself, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents;
- Short and long term disability;
- Company paid basic life with the option to purchase additional life insurance and supplemental coverage;
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match;
- Paid time off and one floating holiday per year;
- Medical and dependent flexible spending;
- Employee referral bonus.
Signal Point is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)